Latest off the bench...caution RW

Started by matrixone, December 13, 2009, 12:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This is my 1/72 scale Revell Fw 190A-8 built mostly O.O.B. except for the rear canopy which came from an old Italeri kit. Paint is Model Master enamel paints and decals used are from Kagero and my decal spares box.

The weathering effects I tried out on this model will be used on my large scale Fw 190A-10 what-if projekt...opps, I mean project.

Matrixone

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

pyro-manic

Very nice indeed!

Do you build anything other than 190s? :blink:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

matrixone

Thanks Martin H and pyro-maniac!

pyro-maniac,
Yes I build other aircraft types but for the time being I am a one person group build for Focke-Wulfs. :wub:

The good news is at least half of my Focke-Wulfs will be what-if types, including the Ta 183, Ta 283, Ta 152C, and Ta 154. The new Dora book by Jerry Crandall has given me a lot of good ideas for what-ifs.

Matrixone

pyro-manic

Good to know. Was a bit worried you were one of these obsessive types. :D Looking forward to seeing more from you. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

Great build :bow: Didn't realise it was 1/72
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ed S

Nice looking model.  And the base & background for the photos really make it look good.

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Slerski

Nice look  :thumbsup: and realistic-like weathering
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

trekriffic

Very realistic looking display. Love the weathering and the backdrop is superb !  :thumbsup:

matrixone

Thanks guys!

The pictures are not that great because it was very dark and overcast that day but I can't complain too much though, at least it was not raining like here like usual. ;D

Matrixone

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

matrixone

Tophe

Quote from: matrixone on December 13, 2009, 12:03:09 PM
This is my 1/72 scale Revell Fw 190A-8 built mostly O.O.B. except for the rear canopy which came from an old Italeri kit
No :angry: you should tell us the truth: this is not a scale model from plastic little kits but old photographs of Reality, which is (almost) forbidden here... Such perfection for human modellers is very impossible, so you would be an extraterrestrial or something, no this is just a joke, I know. ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

matrixone

Thanks very much Tophe!

I have been called worse things than an extraterrestrial before. ;D

Matrixone

ysi_maniac

That's a great build!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
BTW It would be great that you teach us how to get that spiral in spinner. I presume is a decal but it is not easy anyway :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.