P.1154 RAF

Started by Hobbes, December 13, 2009, 06:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Here's a preview of the Freightdog P.1154 I'm building. I'll put up more photos after the upcoming SIG newsletter is out.

nev

Thats looking very nice Harro :)  Canopy looks a bit opaque though?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

CAO 700

Really bigger than a Harrier! Very nice!
Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

Hobbes

nev: I polished the canopy and that's the result. I'm trying to repair it, but haven't quite figured it out.

nev

What did you polish it with?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Hobbes

I used a polishing compound meant for plexiglass. The canopy seems to be transparent resin.

I dipped the canopy in Future last night, and that clears it up, mostly.

NARSES2

As Harro says the full review and pics will be in the January SIG Newsletter  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

thats what i like to hear :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Quote from: Hobbes on December 14, 2009, 03:42:15 AM
I used a polishing compound meant for plexiglass. The canopy seems to be transparent resin.

I dipped the canopy in Future last night, and that clears it up, mostly.

Its a bit late now, but if you'd given it a going over with the MasterCasters sanding sticks (the ones for clear parts) then dipped it in Future, it would probably have come up perfect.

Freightdog862

Nice to see another one built! Sorry about the canopy....
Colin

Spey_Phantom

its big and its awesome, just the way i like it  :thumbsup:
:wub:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

I'm pleased to say that dipping in Future has pretty much restored the canopy to its original state.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Good save Harro. Looks great from here.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)