Avro Lancaster Spares

Started by Tojo633, December 06, 2009, 11:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tojo633

Hi
Does anyone out there or in the UK have any spares for a 1st tool Airfix Lancaster? I have an airframe I wish to restore but it needs some bits to do the job.

Tails and Rudders, either 2 complete units but I have 1 rudder from one side attached to the tail wing from the opposite side - Strange I know but thats how it came. Will confirm which sides etc.

Props
Undercarriage optional but main wheel doors would suffice.

Cheers
Sandy

PR19_Kit

Sandy,

How do we identify a 'first tool' Lancaster please? I think I have three of the ones moulded in black, is that the one?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 06, 2009, 03:57:28 PM
Sandy,

How do we identify a 'first tool' Lancaster please? I think I have three of the ones moulded in black, is that the one?

I built one many years ago (long gone though) and I don't remember it having the bomb bay like the ones I have now. Could that be it ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Tojo633

Think the answer is simple, Rivets, Rivets and more bloody Rivets. Consider the Wellington as an example to compare the Lanc to, late 50's vintage I am sure or thereabouts

Seperate ailerons, I think the bomb bay is correct or lack of one.

Sorry its in a box just now, will go dig it out at some point soon, check what is needed exactly and get some pics.

Sandy

Tojo633

Ok What can I say, Lovely Bronze paint job, Rivets, riverts and more rivets. Classic late 50's or early 60's Airfix.

All turrets, glazing there, I have a Right hand Tail wing attached to a left and rudder?? why??
No undercarriage but could always restore it to flying status, a mission for Mr Muscle oven cleaner I think!! Found last image online as an example of how it looked unbuilt.

Cheers
Sandy

kitnut617

I had that kit sometime ago Sandy, I didn't realize it was the first tooling.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Barry Krell

I've some spares from the 1979 tooling - glazing (turrets) and tailfins.  Are they any use?
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Tojo633

Barry
thanks for the offer, but I am trying to restore it to its original form as best I can. So original tool parts would be preferred.

Robert
Image in box is a later 60s release as I have seen much earlier box art on the web.

cheers
Sandy

Tojo633

Well I am eagerly awaiting the postman as I have won a box of lancaster spares which I have been assured includes the tail wings and rudders. From the pic I can see engines props etc so just hope I get what I need, now where is the Mr Muscle.................

Cheers
Sandy

chrisonord

Are you ok for decals for this project?
As I have a sheet that came with some bits and pieces I was given, and it includes the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight version. If you are interested I will dig it out and see what else is on the sheet.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Tojo633

Chris
Thanks for the offer, will need to see what state the decals are that come with the bits. Dig them out anyway as they may be an option.
Cheers
Sandy

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!