S.N.C.A.O. CAO.700 Replica 21 1/72

Started by CAO 700, December 06, 2009, 07:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAO 700

Hi, this kit is the kit of an aircraft I love. I bought it by subscription a few years ago, and it was the realization of a child dream. There are the pictures of the kit:

More pictures this evening!
Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

CAO 700

As I said, more pictures:

Well, I think it's a great kit!

PR19_Kit

Strewth, a French Lancaster!

And that explains your ID CAO 700, excellent stuff. Presumably the real CAO 700 never did get built, or did it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

There's alway a French/Czech stand at Telfors that has one or two of these things and I have this plus the other two strange looking contraptions illustrated on the instruction sheets. They are cast by Planet (I'm certain ?) and are terrific kits of wonderfully French 1930's subjects  :wub:

I wish one of the UK magazines would follow this French lead and see if it was viable to commission a kit this way.

Kit if my "schoolboy" French understands the info sheet. Then it did get built and either did fly or was ready for flight. CAO 700 will know.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

CAO 700

Well, only one aircraft was built, and his maid flight had to be on June 25th. BUT this day was the day of the Armistice. The aircraft was to take off but the order was given to stop the engines. So, this aircraft never flew...It was scraped in 1943...What a shame...

NARSES2

Quote from: CAO 700 on December 07, 2009, 01:53:54 PM
Well, only one aircraft was built, and his maid flight had to be on June 25th. BUT this day was the day of the Armistice. The aircraft was to take off but the order was given to stop the engines. So, this aircraft never flew...I was scraped in 1943...What a shame...

Thank you CAO - I thought that's what it siad, but wasn't certain  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sideshowbob9

QuoteI wish one of the UK magazines would follow this French lead and see if it was viable to commission a kit this way.

Indeed!

Nice model of a very interesting subject. Pity it was only one day too late!

Hmmmm...... they do a Levasseur PL.107. Interesting.......

Edit: Is there a book on the more esoteric French pre-war projects such as the CAO 700 available? I have a few on the subject but nothing comprehensive. French language isn't a problem  ;D

Stargazer

There is a two volume collection of all the French models and prototypes ever, listed chronologically, with photos and stuff, but I can't remember the reference right now. They are expensive but worth every single penny/cent!

Doc Yo

It looks like a beautiful kit-I do not envy you the task of masking those canopies, though. ;D

sideshowbob9

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on December 08, 2009, 06:51:45 AM
There is a two volume collection of all the French models and prototypes ever, listed chronologically, with photos and stuff, but I can't remember the reference right now. They are expensive but worth every single penny/cent!

If you mean Les Avions de Combat Francais by J. Cuny, I have both. Both start in the mid-40s and alas don't cover the likes of the CAO 700.

Stargazer

No, no. The ones I'm talking about cover EVERY single aircraft, be it military or civilian. They are large, big and very nice...

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 07, 2009, 01:28:12 AM
They are cast by Planet (I'm certain ?)

well CMK chris, says so on the box and the header of the instructions
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on December 08, 2009, 01:02:01 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 07, 2009, 01:28:12 AM
They are cast by Planet (I'm certain ?)

well CMK chris, says so on the box and the header of the instructions

Doh ! Missed that  :banghead: I was going by the way the instructions and resin are exactly the same as in Planet kits, but then of course ; Planet/CMK/SH/MPM etc etc  :blink:

The PL.107 is very nice Sideshow - I got it two years ago at Telford. I only see these kits there once a year and he only has a couple at the most so I make a bee-line to his stand straight away. I can't remember the name guy's shop unfortunately  :banghead:

CAO 700

These kits are available at TMA's shop in Paris

NARSES2