Airfield Crash tenders

Started by Aircav, December 02, 2009, 10:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

The Fire Dept here at Woodford have a couple of those Rosenbauer Panthers: they look like they should be crossing Mars..... :wub: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

UK Emergency is a pretty good site for UK based stuff.  I can't link directly to the albums, but click 'Fire' on the top left, then there are three pages under 'Airport Fire'.
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

Always thought the Panthers looked very Sci-fi, would look great as a camper  ;D
Thanks for the like Simon  :thumbsup:

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Mossie

Alvis Salamander, forgotten member of the family which includes the Saracen, Stalwart & Saladin.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

BW Models do several 1/76 white metal kits.  They do the Salamander & several Fire Engines, civvy & military including several airport tenders.

Includes:
Alvis Salamnder
Scammel Mk.10, several marks
Reynolds Boughton RB.44
Land Rover Series 1 ACRT
Thornycroft Nubian Mk.5A foam tender
BV.206 Crash Vehicle RAF Mount Pleasant

I think there are plenty more & several more standard fire engines too.

Aircav

Quote from: Mossie on December 03, 2009, 03:37:18 AM
Alvis Salamander, forgotten member of the family which includes the Saracen, Stalwart & Saladin.

Never forgotten as far as I'm concerned, always been a big favourite since I saw my first in the 60's ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

Mossie

Smaller then many, but I think shes makes up for it in character, she's got a cheeky little face! ;D

thedarkmaster

QuoteAlvis Salamander, forgotten member of the family which includes the Saracen, Stalwart & Saladin.

Not here mate, always loved the entire series  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz