Martin Baker MB5 magazine article -- need some help

Started by kitnut617, December 01, 2009, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Hi,

Some time ago there was an article in one of the model magazines, I'm fairly certain SAMI or FSM, of a large scale scratch built Martin Baker MB5.  The model was, to put it plainly, absolutely stunning.  It was modeled with all the removable panels off (which was most of the aircraft body) and showed all the detail of the framework and equipment inside.  My problem is I can't find the article I saw, and I've looked all through my SAMI issues as far back as June 2006, can anyone else remember seeing the article and do you remember which magazine it was in ( I'm also fairly certain it appeared in two issues, one was a full article and the other a photo of it as it appeared in a show).  I sure I saved the magazine as I have the rest of my SAMI and FSM in storage but these are not accessible at the moment.

Cheers,
Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Merv_P

It's in SAMI, November 2003 (vol. 9 issue 11). It's the only copy of SAMI I have, so it wasn't hard to find. I got it via EBay specifically for that article.

The model is indeed amazing; a bonus is that the article also has more photos of the original aircraft than I've seen anywhere else.

kitnut617

Thanks very much Merv, it looks like I've got to go into the Sea-Can and see if I can find the box my mags are stored in.

Cheers,
Robert

Weaver

I recall seeing a similar article, but it must be MUCH older than that. In theory, I should be able to find it, but.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Tojo633

Robert
will have a hunt over the weekend, I should have it. Can scan articles through xerox at work and email them too you.
cheers
Sandy

kitnut617

Tojo633

Robert

Magazine found, will get it scanned tomorrow but scanner will on do B & W so not sure just how well it comes out. Will see if print room can do it in colour for me.

Cheers
Sandy

Tojo633

Robert

scanned in colour, but it is a big file nearly 6 mb - I hope this is ok.

Incoming......

cheers Sandy

kitnut617

File received Sandy, thanks very much for the help.

Robert