Westland Super Lynx 4

Started by beowulf, November 25, 2009, 10:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

first time ive posted any finished work on here so be gentle  ;D

this is part of an 'Alternative Time Line' project i have running on another forum, which spans a period of 70 odd years from 1937 onwards
kit was a truely awful Airfix 1/72 naval Lynx that i got for nothing........most of the undercarrige was missing, the screen was broken and all the decals were out of register  >:( >:( >:(...........so i guess it was perfect for bashing into something else  :lol:

back story

the Super Lynx 4 is a general purpose helicopter used by the Commonwealth Forces, this one is in gunship configuration used by the Canadian Marines, flying from the HMCS Altadore assault ship, supporting the joint Commonwealth/CATO liberation of Portugal and invasion of Fascist Spain in 1989. Helo carries unusual loadout of 4 x 150 kg 'dumb' bombs instead of the usual ATGM's.......also carries 2 x Ross GPU .30 cal gun pods plus a pintle mounted .30 cal mg in the door

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

B777LR

Cool :wub:

Another cool modification to the landing gear would be a setup similar to the UH-60 :wub:

Brian da Basher

Well done, beowulf! Of course, maple leafs are like a "free beer" sign for attracting the attention of whiffers, especially those from the Great White North.

That's one heck of an introduction to the pic post!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

beowulf

thanks guys.........i toyed with the uh-60 set up but the airframe is just too small for it to look right IMO

it was going to be either a leaf or a roo...........the leaf won  ;D ;D
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

chrisonord

Very nice Beowulf :thumbsup:
I don't think I have seen any wiffed Lynxes on here before, I look forward to seeing what you build next.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

noxioux

Very good.  Lynx's are definitely too rare around here.   :thumbsup:

thedarkmaster

I like it, a lot, top class work  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Like that..... has anybody told Toad ???, he's gonna pop when he sees this one  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

beowulf

Quote from: apophenia on November 26, 2009, 12:18:19 AM

Heh heh ... would those be straight-pull weapons in those GPUs?  ;D

;D ;D ;D...nice to see someone else knows a bit of history.............in my timeline Ross Rifle Co. carried on designing sporting weapons in the 30's but became a major military supplier for the Commonwealth in 1940..mostly by reverse engineering the Brownings then fitted in Hurricanes,Spits,etc.....the War Ministry awarded contracts to develop aviation based weaponry in the late 50's when helos first started to enter service in significant numbers and their value seen

*phew..got out of that one  :lol: :lol:

Captain Canada

Woah....very nice ! Love the mod to the landing gear, and the weapons laod ! Especially liking the door gun.

Very cool !

:wub: :thumbsup: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

Army of One

Oh yes...........liking this lots.....cool load out with the guns...me personaly...bombs not a favourite with me on helo's...my own opinion only......great build
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!