Some creations...

Started by Slerski, November 15, 2009, 09:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slerski

In September 1993, the Spanish Air Force was looking for the replacement of the Mirage F1CE, pleading a dilapidated and inappropriate material in the modern conflicts.

The US Air Force, happy to help an allied country and wishing to cock a snook at the French people, decide to free 24 single-seater F-16A and 7 two-seater F-16B in spring 1994.

Deliveries began in June 1994 and spread out over 14 months, the last aircraft (upgraded to the Spanish standards) being delivered on September 23rd, 1995.

The presented aircraft is a F-16BE, F-16B Block 25 modified to take new armaments and equipped with the PW F100-PW-220 engine. This F-16BE wears marking of Escuadrón 141 - Ala 14, based to Los Llanos (Albaceste).

(This model, initially F-16B of the Alaska ANG, was destroyed during a move when I was 12 :banghead:. I found the wreck by tidying up and decide to repare the model and to turn it into a whif. I hope that it looks like a little something now. :lol:)
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

B777LR

Very cool, and nice camo. Looks plausible :wub: One can't have enough non-grey F-16s :wub:

Welcome to the forums!

:cheers:

PS:
QuoteThe presented aircraft is a F-16BE, F-16B Block 25 modified to take new armaments and equipped with the reactor PW F100-PW-220.
In English, reactor would be what you find in a nuclear powerplant :thumbsup: Engine/Jet engine or Powerplant would be the word you a looking for :thumbsup: (Unless of course this is a nuclear F-16 :o  :wub: :wacko:)

Eddie M.

Excellent looking aircraft. That paint scheme looks outstanding!  :mellow:
Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

My my, that Splinter Viper is rather sexy looking.  Very nice to see another non-grey Viper.  Welcome to the madhouse, you'll fit in just fine I think.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Slerski

In march 1982, RAF was looking for a modern, low-cost and easy-to-use fighter in order to replace the old EE Lightning. Panavia presented an Air Defence Variant of his new plane, the Tornado, followed by Lockheed-Martin with the Falcon F.1 (F-16C Block 25). Surprising everyone, Dassault Aviation presented the Mirage F.1, a "britannized" version of the Mirage 2000C.

The Mirage F.1 is fitted with Greyhound radar (a Marconi/Ferranti AI.24 Foxhunter derivative) and Rolls-Royce RB.168 Spey. To the general surprise, Dassault awarded the contract, in spite of numerous protests in England. The contract concerned the delivery of 96 single-seater fighters and 48 two-seaters, with an option for 36 supplementary single-seaters.

The first operationnal aircraft (Mirage F.1) was delivered to No.V and No.XI Squadrons in May 1985. The first two-seater (Mirage TF.1) was delivered to No.XVII Squadron in July 1985. All these aircraft were upgraded in 1988 to Mirage F.1A and Mirage TF.1A standard, allowing the emport of new armaments (AIM-120 AMRAAM, GBU-16 Paveway for exemple)

This aircraft is a Dassault Mirage TF.1A (known as Mirage 2000BG - Biplace, Grande-Bretagne - for Dassault enginners). Mainly affected in No XVII Squadron, this aircraft was used for operationnal conversion and sometimes for air defence mission. This Mirage TF.1A (serial ZD102) wears markings of No XVII Squadron, based to RAF Brüggen (Germany).

Sauragnmon

Now that's a rather interesting little Mirage you have there.  Very cool paintjob.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

noxioux

Yeah, I second that--that mirage looks great that way.  Very nice.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Slerski

Thanks a lot, sirs.

I have to admit that the paintjob was a total failure at the beginning. The grey tint was not correct and did not cover the previous camo. And find a plausible backstory was also complicated...

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ChernayaAkula

Anything Mirage gets my vote! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Slerski

This is a new project. I haven't find a name but I'm thinking about it. Backstory and more pics will come later.

GTX

Hmmm, that looks familiar:

More here.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!