O

SMW09 Pics blow out....

Started by Overkiller, November 09, 2009, 01:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overkiller

Doc Yo

Thats a lot of wonderful stuff-thanks for posting!

Damian2

Nice pics dude!! Did you manage to get any of that AD-5??

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

ChernayaAkula

Oh my, a Russian Knights Su-47 Berkut. How sweet is that? :wub:

Nice stuff, Duncan!  :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing your pics!  :cheers:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Army of One

Anyone know the back story or info on the Russian aircraft in the pics between the the AWACS bird n TSR2 please..........some realy great builds in the pics....awesome stuff n sorry I missed it.
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Martin H

simple. the what if? sig (us lot) teamed up with the Soviet aircraft SIG for a joint display, what you see in the pics was the end result :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

anthonyp

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Jeffry Fontaine

What is the story behind the Orion shuttle with landing gear?  Looks like they did a pretty darn good modification to the basic model kit to give it some landing gear for a parked option instead of in-flight.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

van883

Really good photos-Thanks for sharing them.
I'll post some of mine up when I get time.

Van

Steel Penguin

splendid photos, i even managed to get to see most of them in the flesh,
Hi to all on the stand that i met on sat.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

philp

Great pics and thanks for the Sci-fi stuff (and female figs  :wub:).

Any more of either would be great :thumbsup:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

So was the egg plane carrier egg shaped as well? It's hard to tell from the pics.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

ChernayaAkula

Hey, that V-Bombers display looks familiar. Think they're the same guys that displayed they V-Bombers and the Display Teams SIG at the 15th anniversary of the Luftwaffenmuseum in Berlin-Gatow around two months ago. Nice chaps! :thumbsup: And it's amazing that they travel across half of Europe to attend model shows.  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

philp

Nice,

Seen several pics of the X-Wing, Y-Wing dio.  Is it 72nd scale with the Fine Molds kits or something bigger?  If 72nd, would love a copy of some of the ground crew.  Also, don't think the mirrors work well as a backdrop for it, the one on the side adds to the illusion but the ones on the back just reflect you as you try to photograph it.  But like the idea.  Several SW hanger type builds going on over at Starship Modeler.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Martin H

Quote from: philp on November 10, 2009, 02:28:59 PM
Seen several pics of the X-Wing, Y-Wing dio.  Is it 72nd scale with the Fine Molds kits or something bigger?  

It wasnt 72nd scale....it was much much bigger. and totaly scratch built

Quote from: puddingwrestler on November 10, 2009, 01:33:50 PM
So was the egg plane carrier egg shaped as well? It's hard to tell from the pics.

not quite, and there were two of them, one American (USS Yolktown) and one Japanese. IJN Yolkahama) both were to be found on the IPMS Coventry & Warwickshire stand (the home branch of both myself and Howard of Effingham)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.