War reparations USMC-Korea Fw-190F

Started by Daryl J., November 07, 2009, 07:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

As part of surrender terms, Focke-Wulf was required to manufacture major components of the Fw-190 and give them to various allied forces, one recipient being the United States Marines.    The land based aircraft were used in Korea as a ground attack aircraft and were powered by their Packard manufactured BMW radial engines.   Although rumored to have existed, nothing has been found on the two airframes supposedly outfitted for reconnaissance.

Yep...there's a bazillion holes in the story.    ;D ;D ;D

Hasegawa's Fw-190F-8 in 1/48 to be used, winging its way over from HLJ's Hasegawa sale.    Overall Gloss Sea Blue, stars and bars. Hooked where appropriate.  Non-folding wings simply because I'm lazy.  Unit undetermined as of yet but likely to be every bit as false as the buildup itself.   :wub: :wub:
:cheers: (tonight it's Old No.7),
Daryl J.

[Edit]   Link to kit: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10086594

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Slerski

I really prefer the FW190D but... Marine Corps FW190F sounds very good too  :thumbsup:
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Spey_Phantom

a carrier based FW-190, i was also thinking of building something like that, guess i will have to stick to my other project.
im gonna follow this build, good luck  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

elmayerle

Quote from: Slerski on November 08, 2009, 01:24:34 AM
I really prefer the FW190D but... Marine Corps FW190F sounds very good too  :thumbsup:
For the Marines, a radial-engine-powered version seems more likely, given the USN and USMC preference for air-cooled engines.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Daryl J.

Nils, if you'd like to do a Fw-190, please have at it.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   The more the merrier IMHO.
:cheers:,
Daryl J.

Army of One

If the outer cannon were deleted would there be enough space for wing fold mechanism? Any under wing ordanance gonna be carried....air to ground unguided rockets??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

theunknownmodeler

This is gonna look cool.. a RAN/FAA version would look interesting to in grey over sky with invasion stripes. I'm too lazy (and incompetent!) to do folding wings as well!