Sanger Kits

Started by rickshaw, November 06, 2009, 10:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

I just discovered a company called Sangar kits.  They have a range of 1/48 aircraft, including Shackletons, Whitleys, Manchests, B-47, B-52 and Vulcan.

http://www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk/
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

pyro-manic

They have some 1:72 kits I'd like to get hold of as well - fairly obscure stuff (Blackburn Perth, Iris, Beverley, Beriev Be-12, Vickers Windsor) which is nice to see.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitnut617

I've a number of their kits too, the Beechcraft Starship and Piaggio Avanti are both very nice kits (almost like Rareplane stuff) but the Shackleton MR.1 and Vickers Windsor are very basic.  My copy of the Windsor is missing a few  bits, all the engine nacelle fronts and the bomb aimers window, I wrote to Sanger about it and the reply I got was the owner hadn't noticed that the engine fronts were missing and after he had checked, found there wasn't any moulds for them  :rolleyes:  Nothing was said about the bomb aimers window though.

Anyway, I've got around the problem by getting hold of some Flightpath Lincoln nacelles as these are the same, and I think a Wellington bomb aimers window will work too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

GTX

Definitely aware of them - have been in contact with the owner, Gerald, re the 1/48 HP Victor.   The more people who contact him (here), the better chance it will enter production...hint, hint!

Regards,

Greg

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

chrisonord

I was very very tempted by the Beriev Be-12 and the Tupolev TU-28 Fiddler.
But then............ :o
I saw that they were vacform kits :banghead:
Vacforms frighten me even more than resin kits do. So that puts pay to that one then........bugger!! :angry:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

famvburg

IIRC, the Starship & Avanti are ex Sutcliffe/Contrail.

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 07, 2009, 08:50:49 AM
I've a number of their kits too, the Beechcraft Starship and Piaggio Avanti are both very nice kits (almost like Rareplane stuff) but the Shackleton MR.1 and Vickers Windsor are very basic.  My copy of the Windsor is missing a few  bits, all the engine nacelle fronts and the bomb aimers window, I wrote to Sanger about it and the reply I got was the owner hadn't noticed that the engine fronts were missing and after he had checked, found there wasn't any moulds for them  :rolleyes:  Nothing was said about the bomb aimers window though.

Anyway, I've got around the problem by getting hold of some Flightpath Lincoln nacelles as these are the same, and I think a Wellington bomb aimers window will work too.

Steel Penguin

Ill indulge in some threadomancy here  :thumbsup:
RISE I SAY !!

Any one have any idea how the 2 "still to come" projects are going  B52 and Vulcan in 1:48
and does any one have any experience with the custom print decals they offer?  ( I noticed this and thought it may be my answer to my want of the UN / unit polar projection in white with a clear background, to place over regular national roundels  to denote UNIT duty)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

1/48th Vulcan would be insane !

The other kits sure look nice built up, tho !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Steel Penguin

it seems my thredomancy is still active  :thumbsup:
the front page of the site has the 1:48 B-52 as available too order soon.  And despite my comments on no more stash  :o  this one is one I can get, I set aside a little over a hundred quid when I first stumbled across it.  :wacko:  ;D   it shall be mine!!    I have even cleared it with mrs SP,  she was happy with me to get it before, and the set aside means that she's still happy, and knows that limited run kits, mean just that. ( have I mentioned that I  :wub: her)   so ive re e-mailed them just to make certain " my names on the list"  :thumbsup:

opps  edit  edit edit
the original web addy is no longer valid 
http://www.sangereng.co.uk/
heres a good one.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

They must have the World's largest vacform machine!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

You'll be able to climb into it and fly it...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..