Trying out the new camera

Started by Nick, March 12, 2004, 07:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Let's see if I've got the hang of this new camera yet! First up is the JB Models 1/72 Alvis Saracen...

Nick

And now, from the same makers, the 1/72 Alvis Saladin! (Obviously these are still works in progress, like everything else :P ).

Nick

Nick

And here's some of my part built pile... :huh:  

Nick

You wanna know what that weird looking rotorcar thing is, don't ya?! Well it's no good asking me as I don't know! :lol:
There'll be some Soviet Marines flying it up a beach 'somewhere in a non-Communist nation'...

That's all for now but rest assured, I will return with more! I need to finish the two cars for Southern Expo tomorrow :huh:  

Ollie

Cool Nick!

So, what kind of camera did you buy?

;)  

Captain Canada

Senor  Pedley....awesome !

Pics look great...and love the Rotor-jobs. Big choppers rule !

Also liking the little Alvis cars....so nice to see all these 72nd scale armour kits coming out !

Is the flying-commie thing going to be SoR material ? Seems a waste for just one person !

Cheers !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Great stuff Nick.  

What IS that flying rotocar thing?

And who are these JB models?  Do they do british 72nd stuff?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Geoff_B

Hi Nev

JB stuff at Hannants

You've never seen JB stuff before ?, they're great 1/76 post war british vehicles, Land Rover LWB with hard & soft tops, 1 tonne & Ambulance , Bedford MK & Refueller, 105mm gun etc,etc. Even come with suitable british decals for all three services on the Hard top Land Rover !!!!.

Hopefully they might try a Fodden next or maybe updated land rovers to go with the new Dragon 1/72 Challenger II due out soon.

Cheers

Geoff B B)

Captain Canada

I'd like to grab a few of those challengers......I've always had a vision of a diorama of with an orchard, and a few tanks and some GR.3s.........

Cheers !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

QuoteI'd like to grab a few of those challengers......I've always had a vision of a diorama of with an orchard, and a few tanks and some GR.3s.........

Hi Toad

For GR-3's you would want either rthe Airfix Chieftan or the Revell Challenger I, now what you would really need id the Bedford MK refueller and a few land rovers and normal MK's as a support;  a Unimog from B&W would really help set the theme as well !!!!

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

John Howling Mouse

Great pics!  Is that flying rotor dealie the old "AirJeep" by Glencoe or the like?

Keep posting the JB Models stuff.  How did you find the fit so far?  I bought that Saladin too (fond memories of a "Dinky Toy" version of that by Matchbox/Lesney (?) when I was a kid)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Great stuff!  I can see myself getting one of these and having it coming down the ramp of a Herc

But why is some of his stuff 1/76 and some 1/72???  Now I know the difference is only a few mm, but still  :huh:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Geoff_B

QuoteBut why is some of his stuff 1/76 and some 1/72??? Now I know the difference is only a few mm, but still

Hi Nev

Because Hannants have been lazy and not checked when listing it, it you see the box art they all sat 1/76 !!!!!. Typical !!!

Cheers

Geoff B  B)  

lancer

Well, one of my local model shops, Rebel Troop in Reading stocks the JB line, and quite a few of the as well.  The 76th scal is equal to the HO guage for model railways, so thats where it comes from, as for the scale difference between 72nd and 76th it's so bloody small who cares (JMN's NOT being counted here) they are good enough to make all kinds of dioramas and stuff with  An example I can think of, How about the 105mm gun being slung under or being pulled out of a Rotodyne whilst disgorging troops out of the side doors??

I think I moght go and take a look and see what he's got.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die