Finished.....FAA Su 32/34..........

Started by Army of One, November 04, 2009, 03:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

In a moment of weakness I asked she who must be obeyed,while sorting through a few models,which one do you like....she had taken a passing interest as a few boxes were spread out on the floor.....she indicated that she liked this one and that it should be built next.....I said 'don't you like the big Russian helo (Hind for CSAR build)?' reply was.....no its ugly!!  Do that one it looks pretty. Pretty??? I ask you  :banghead:
So work has begun...............it is the 1/72 Italeri model......impressive load out but won't be using any of it on this model. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it.....It will be in British colours just not sure if RAF or RN (shore based)......it will be armed to the teeth though  ;D

Some scratch built seats....thought I'd try something different.....more pics to follow when I work out how upload them properly
C:\Documents and Settings\User 1\My Documents\Bluetooth Exchange Folder\DSC00272.JPG
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Hopefully some pics of the cockpit and the weighted nose.....if I did it properly...........
C:\Documents and Settings\User 1\My Documents\Bluetooth Exchange Folder\DSC00274.JPG
C:\Documents and Settings\User 1\My Documents\Bluetooth Exchange Folder\DSC00273.JPG
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Bum............third time......if any mod wants to post merge please do.....just getting the hang of this n not post w*oring.....
C:\Documents and Settings\User 1\My Documents\Bluetooth Exchange Folder\DSC00272.JPG
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Work on this will be slow,I only get a couple of hours here n there with work and looking after my 10 month old son when she who should be obeyed is at work........I have a rough idea bout the load out,working from outer wing stations in....wingtip-sidewinder,sparrow,maverick,LGB/large bomb and the central stations would be cluster bombs.....not sure on a colour scheme yet......RN or RAF? Prob around '96-98 in service...maybe a bit later....decisions decisions
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Sauragnmon

I'm with SWMBO - it is a sleek, and pretty bird.  At least they did the blend nicely on the whole appearance, it could have been much worse, and much clunkier.  I love the graceful curves and smooth lines of the Flanker brood, and there IS a reason I have Three Su-34's.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.  Going to redo the engines? I highly doubt the Brits would keep the saturns, though the question would arise of... what would you put in?  Spey-Burners on uprated Tay Engines?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Army of One

I was thinking about this in the story I was concocting....do you think just changing the cans would be ok n say the changes are internal.....hold on a mo....its my whiff....I think it would be cool to just change the cans....yes,all the changes are internal as with the avionics.....er......I think..... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Sauragnmon

Yeah, you can get resin Spey cans from Aires in 1/72 for the Phantom, which would work just fine.  It's the little things that can really make the final image interesting.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing the Su-34 with Spey Burners on it.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Army of One

I see what ur saying about Spey cans from a Phantom but I was thinking of something more modern,Phantoms would I think have been out of service for a while
although I'm not really sure when they were retired,was thinking more along the lines of old Tornado F3 engines ......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Sauragnmon

Tornado engines are underpowered for the aircraft in truth, and if you look up the Rolls Royce Tay engine, it's basically a downscaled RB.211 Low Power compressor mated onto a Spey High Power, so there's a lot of room to uprate the engine, and fit a Spey afterburner onto it, I would think.  I've got similar plans for a F-15C I'll upgrade with the British Engines.

Army of One

Oh.......I see....the Tornado engines be ok for my Su 25's then....I think Aeroplanedriver mentioned them in his backstory for his Raven..........I think that some suitable engines may be found for the few demonstrator/test aircraft....now to colours....mmmmm......wrap around grey/green RAF,dark green upper lighter green lower RAF,grey RN...... 
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Sauragnmon

Hmmmm the Su-34 is in essence a tactical fighter-bomber... to Navalize it would require at the least sourcing a hook, if not a Tow Bar on the nose gear.  I'd consider the colours used on Tornado GR's more than anything quite possibly.

Tonka engines on a Frogfoot would be quite interesting indeed, those thrust reversers would serve that beastie quite well indeed, I could imagine, Wrap-around grey-green would look pretty good on her too.

Army of One

Appreciate the input....but if it were a naval version I said it would be shore based....think the tail boom would be to long for carrier ops as well as the other mods you pointed out....other than the flying fist markings of a Sea Harrier I have,I'm leaning more to a wrap round Tornado/Jaguar scheme...just wondering about load out as well...any ideas......please...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Sauragnmon

Hmmmmm the sadist in me is suggesting the sight of a JP-233 Munitions Dispenser on that heavy duty centerline pylon.  Paveway III's would be a good choice as well.  I could quite see some Brimstone racks on there as well.  For defensive armament, maybe, some AMRAAM, ASRAAM, or other goodies on the outer wing and wingtip hardpoints?  Storm Shadows under the Engine Hardpoints maybe?  Just a few suggestions.

Army of One

The tip pylons will prob have Sidewinder and the next one in Sparrow/AMRAAM,was thinking of bombs n guided munitions as well.....many thanks
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!