Starship HOG for the HOG Memorial GB

Started by Brian da Basher, November 01, 2009, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Just in case you don't get over to HOG Memorial GB, here's some shots of my display only entry, Starship HOG.

I started off with a couple of old model stand bases for the saucer section, a hand vac nozzle for the secondary hull and two cigar tubes for the engines. Before paint and decals it looked like this:

:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

After paint and some Star Trek decals, the U.S.S. HOG, NCC-585 was born.

:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Army of One

Looks great,awesome paint job. Being new on the site,I did not know HOG. I have certainly read a lot about him. A sad time for his family,my thoughts are with them....my Mum passed away a few weeks ago n I miss her loads,just as many on this site miss HOG.
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

chrisonord

Nice work Brian, and I am sure the man himself would be most flattered to have such an excellent piece of craftsmanship named after him :cheers:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

nev

Y'know, just seeing the pics of the finished model, I thought you'd built some OOB Startrek model that I was unaware of! :D  Nice job.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.