Navalize It! GB Rules

Started by Brian da Basher, November 01, 2009, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Here be da rules as stated by GB moderator ysi_maniac:

1. GB runs from November 1 2009 to February 1, 2010
2. Entries will be What-if based in a broad concept of navalization of something that was not intended to be navalized:
        Land based planes converted to carrier based version
        Land based planes converted to float planes
        Amphibian versons of land vehicles
        or anything else you think falls into a broad concept of navalization ...
        Of course, the original land based thing can be a whif too.
3. Eligible entries must be a What-If, not posted on other GB, and posted to the Completed Entries thread by the deadline.
4. Winners will be determined by votes from forum members. Prizes will be awarded.
5. All decisions of the GB Moderator are final.
6. There is no Rule #6.
7. Have Fun!

:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Zeke

Can I enter something already built?... :blink:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Zeke on November 06, 2009, 12:38:01 AM

Typically, the idea of a GB is that all the participants work on their projects within the GB timeframe and models that are already built aren't usually eligible. For clarification and a "final answer", I encourage you to contact ysi_maniac, the Navalize It! GB moderator.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Zeke on November 06, 2009, 12:38:01 AM
You should not! :smiley:

But let me clarify. As a general rule, the model should be execured during GB period. But as long as building progress is not relevant, started models will be allowed.

What is relevant in this context?
For instance: A fuselage already mounted even with cockpit finished is acceptable. But with wings mounted is not acceptable.
I think you took the idea. :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Zeke

OK...thanks for the clarification... :thumbsup:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

lancer

I already have a navalised Gripen. I'll probably post it but I know it's not eligible for entry into this GB.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

I'm gonna 'jump in' on this one myself. Had an idea for a navalized Caribou years back ( some of you old folk may remember it ) and I think I started chopping up a Hawkeye for it.....anyway, if I find the bits, I'm in !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

MAD

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 30, 2009, 08:21:39 AM
I'm gonna 'jump in' on this one myself. Had an idea for a navalized Caribou years back ( some of you old folk may remember it ) and I think I started chopping up a Hawkeye for it.....anyway, if I find the bits, I'm in !

:drink:

Interesting as a COD or as a carrier-based assault transport??

M.A.D

ysi_maniac

Feb 14th is the new finish date :thumbsup: :party:

wolfik

can I finish my seabolt from earlier time for this GB?
if not its ok :)
best regards

ysi_maniac

^^^^^^
Quote from: ysi_maniac on November 07, 2009, 01:48:59 PM
You should not! :smiley:

But let me clarify. As a general rule, the model should be execured during GB period. But as long as building progress is not relevant, started models will be allowed.

What is relevant in this context?
For instance: A fuselage already mounted even with cockpit finished is acceptable. But with wings mounted is not acceptable.
I think you took the idea. :thumbsup:

Quoting myself I cannot accept your entry. I am very sorry indeed, because your model looks really COOL! :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: