Halloween for Modelers - What have You Done?

Started by Sauragnmon, October 31, 2009, 02:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Well, I figured I'd leave this thread open for anybody to post their antics on this, the day of pumpkins and costumes.  I'll open with what I did...

For those of you who have ever questioned if I would work in a larger scale... does a 1/1 Pumpkin suffice?  These three pumpkins were grown on the family farm, and brought into town for us to carve.  I carved the first one on the step with a 10" Carving knife - the skin is THICK.  Once we'd gotten that started, Bill (in the black and blue) went back to the farm, grabbed a Jigsaw, and the other two.  The one with the Rabbit Ears, nicknamed Timmy by my aunt, won the first prize at the Middleville Fair for sheer size alone - and we figure he was around 250lbs.  For scale, Bill is 6'.  I did Vicky, Timmy's twin sister, on the step, and Mike over on the far corner of the lawn, with Timmy sitting at the step to greet people.  Any guesses on what Mike's got carved in him?

First Vicky - we started off with just the two faces, and then Di, my aunt, got the idea of giving her a Crown - Queen of the Little People.  Considering the size of other pumpkins in the neighbourhood, we figured it worked.

Now here's Timmy, who Di carved with the jigsaw, and then the idea for the ears came up and they took some of the slices and shaped them into ears, dug them in a little, and decided to add some of the detritus as "pumpkin puke" just to increase the effect.

Now comes Mike - Figure out what I carved on his mostly flat face.

There ya go - post your own antics, or your comments, questions, queries and rude remarks.  Go ahead, enjoy the day, folks.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

Ok, that proves it - you're ready to be committed...nice work!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

pyro-manic

Worked for twelve bloody hours today. No fun for me.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Sauragnmon

Thanks, Greg.  I wish my cousin had managed to find my camera when I sent her back up here to grab it for some night time shots - we had a fog machine and stuck it inside Vicky with an LED light to light up the inside, so she had a real cool overall look that got many compliments.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Gary

Group build for next year...
right, so who will write this on their calender for next year?
Getting back into modeling