Glasgow 2009

Started by JayBee, October 17, 2009, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Hi all,

Just back from the Glasgow show to-day. A fairly quite show but fun none the less.
Not many Whiffers there, me, Our Glorious Leader (MartinH), Lee (The Wooksta)(still as forthright as ever) Joe Cherrie (TsrJoe), and Sandy (Tojo633).
Joe contirbuted a couple of models to the Sig display (most of his went to the R&D Sig display) the rest was Martin and myself.
Most things have already appeared in this forum so the few photos that I am posting are, hopefully, new subjects.

This is a view of part of the hall with our Glorious Leader sitting, all alone, more or less slap bang in the middle of the photo.

Next is a view of the Sig display and the R&D Sig display. The split is about 50/50. The What If Sig is in the foreground.

Four now that are all the handywork of our Glorious Leader.

Next, a WhIf subject if ever I saw one. it was on the competition tables, and the builder is not known to our community.

Lastly, not a WhIf subject. A Finish soldier on a bike.
The name Perkele, is I understand, a Finnish swear word.
The model is I believe, by TsrJoe's good friend, Hannay.

Thats all folks.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

van883

Looks like a good show!
Van

nev

Unless I'm missing something, that French Canberra is real not a whiff, right?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

I belive that you are correct Nev, that was on the R&D part of the "joint" display. We had a total of 36 feet of display frontage (double depth) to play with between the twio SIG's and a little display at the end of the row by Hanne of a Finnish nature.
Unfortunately,

Scooterman

Very nice fellas.  Getting some milage out of my Argie Toom, eh Martin?   ;D :thumbsup:

Stargazer

There's some amazing stuff out there. I'm totally in awe with the F-103 Thunderwarrior, the F-108 Rapier and especially the F12F Lion. These two birds almost existed for real and it brightens my day to see them in operational colors! The float and added gunner cockpit versions of the Spitfire, the RAF Bearcat and the Lippisch are particularly amazing to me (not to mention the Finnish guy falling over with his bike!) One small disappointment: most of these whifferies are WWII or after, there are too few biplanes or floatplanes for my liking... Otherwise it's just great!

nev

Quote from: Martin H on October 20, 2009, 12:12:48 PM
I belive that you are correct Nev, that was on the R&D part of the "joint" display.
#

OK, that makes sense.  I believe the French had some BI.8s and B.2s for one of their test units.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

fallenphoenix

Not been to the Glasgow show in years, shame as I'm only 20 miles away  :banghead:

Anyone know the story behind the Cutlass with the arrestor hook ABOVE the engines?

Craig
Per Ardua Ad Astra

"Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Martin H

Quote from: Scooterman on October 20, 2009, 07:35:18 PM
Getting some milage out of my Argie Toom, eh Martin?   ;D :thumbsup:

To right Brad! it's gotta earn is bed and board some how LOL

As for the Gutlass with the topside hook...I hadnt noticed that, and im betting nether did any one else behind the stand
Unfortunately,

JayBee

Quote from: Martin H on October 21, 2009, 09:32:59 AM
Quote from: Scooterman on October 20, 2009, 07:35:18 PM
Getting some milage out of my Argie Toom, eh Martin?   ;D :thumbsup:

To right Brad! it's gotta earn is bed and board some how LOL

As for the Gutlass with the topside hook...I hadnt noticed that, and im betting nether did any one else behind the stand

Err, Yes I did but did not like to ask.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TsrJoe

hiyas chaps, for some reason the early Cutlass versions had the hook mounted on a slide from the upper fuselage pivoting downward upon reaching the engine fairing at the rear, definately different! later versions had an arrangement similar to that which we are more familiar with

cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)