U.S.M.C. production F-20c Tigershark.

Started by chrisonord, October 17, 2009, 09:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

What if the F-20 was bought by the USMC, as a lightweight affordable but capable multi role aircraft capable of carrier operations.
This is my version, of the Hasegawa 1/72nd scale F-20, wearing an air superiority colour scheme, and loaded out with 2 sidewinders, 4 AMRAAM's and a belly tank.The Marine corps version will have a stronger landing gear as standard, for carrier deployment.

Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Purrrdy colour scheme - nice one!  :thumbsup:

A carrier capable F-20 would alomst certainly have had a bigger wing - they were talking about it for the real one!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is Too Cool :ph34r: You did Better than Anyone could Expect!!!! Thanks for Posting!!!!!!!! :drink: :cheers:

ChernayaAkula

Whoa!  :o Now that's awesome!  :bow: Love the camo scheme!  :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

BlackOps

Chris, this is a real looker. Great paintwork!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

tanktastic43

Eddie M.

Very,very nice! I really dig those colors!!
Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

Very wicked camo on that Tigershark, man - absolutely cool stuff.

I'm looking at my US Navy ships, the USN'46 concepts, and going "you know, to hell with this double gray, I need to add some Camo here..."  after looking at Snyder and Short again... I miss camo on warships.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Spey_Phantom

looks great, i have an F-20 in the stash, and you just gave me motivation to build it  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

chrisonord

Thanks for the comments guys, I really enjoyed building this kit as it went together very easily. I think I will look for another one, and maybe do a strike fighter version.

Captain Canada

Beauty....weapons load looks great as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Shasper

What colors did you use for the came man? Its killa!
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

chrisonord

Quote from: Shasper on October 18, 2009, 04:11:49 PM
What colors did you use for the came man? Its killa!
Hya Shas,
I used Tamiya acrylics on this and the colours are medium flat blue, dark flat grey,and flat light blue. With a top coat of Valejo matt clear coat.

I am seriously thinking of doing a current service phantom or a Raptor this colour scheme also.
Cheers,
Chris.