What to do with a German Land-Wasser-Schlepper (LWS)

Started by Sisko, October 09, 2009, 04:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Well it's taken literally years but I finally won our club's monthly kit raffle.

And I wona Hobby Boss Land Wasser schlepper. Now how should I whif this? I was thinking of adding a panzer II turret and making it some sort of forward assault craft.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Maverick

I've always thought a gunboat would be a nice effort for the LWS.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Quote from: Sisko on October 09, 2009, 04:29:10 PM
Now how should I whif this? I was thinking of adding a panzer II turret and making it some sort of forward assault craft.

I'm with you with that idea - make it an Amphibious Assault Transport - I even did a profile of that idea a while back.  Will try to find it.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Daryl J.

One could put a steam stack out the top and cannons out the port windows as a grape shot firing land crawler.    :blink: :blink: :party:

Daryl J.

nev

"hollow out" the cabin, raise the sides and stick a ramp on the rear - make it into a proper useful LVT.  I'm thinking in my head of the pics of UK Buffalos crossing the Rhine with Jeeps and stuff inside them.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

pyro-manic

SdKfz. 234 Puma turret? Mounts a 20mm cannon, or 50mm gun.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

pyro-manic

Something a bit more radical - Martian dune patrol vehicle?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

Taking the ASR suggestion & running with it, paint it bright colours, weather it & stick an International Rescue logo on the side of it!

Running with the assault craft suggestion, how about rocket armed version, borrow the launchers from a Panzerwerfer or similar?  Soften up the beaches while heading up the Thames, Solent, The Wash or Humber.  Wasserwerfer (doesn't quite work, I think)?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.