Red Lightning

Started by Eddie M., October 04, 2009, 05:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I hit the jackpot at Hobby Lobby in the clearance bin. I got 2 Lightnings and 2 Fiat G.91s for $3.59. :party: This one I will be calling Red Lighting.

Incidentally, this model can with a small camera inside to capture the look of the buyer upon opening the box. This is what it caught. ;D

/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Look behind you!

The Rat

Oh sure, they're nice enough to give you a free camera and you break it!  ;D

Have fun with that little beastie, Lightnings are always welcome around here.  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Sauragnmon

Can't wait to see the mad doc at work on another new project!  Looking forward to what you do to the lightning!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Eddie M.

No real change to the aircraft, but I'm going to give Red Arrow scheme a try. :D
Look behind you!

Joe C-P

If you're going red, why not go all the way to Communist Britain?

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Weaver

Do both: Red Arrows scheme with red stars instead of the red dots in the middle of the roundels and BRITISH AIR FORCE lettering..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Eddie M.

Joe P and Weaver,
   Very good Ideas. First step is to translate the Red Arrow scheme to this aircraft. This is only the second British aircraft I've built, so this is new territory for me. I do like the shape of bird now that I've had a chance to admire it from all angles. . :D
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

The start of the Arrow....

REAL WORLD ALERT: This something that I'm doing as well. A nifty F-4S. Here's how the office is taking shape. Note. I added the "wiring" coming out of the aft IP.

Look behind you!

GTX

Damn, I thought you were doing a tandem seat Lightning for a moment there...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Brian da Basher

Wow I sure don't want to get on the bad side of that buyer!

You can do some museum-quality detail work, Eddie!
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

I appreciate your faith BdaB!!

After looking about for photos of the Red Arrows as a guide, this is how mine Red Lightning is shaping up.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

She's coming along quite nciely, Eddie!  Keep up the good work!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ChernayaAkula

That's way more "should-have-been" than "what-if"! :bow: Marvellous work so far!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Eddie M.

A little more for tonight. I tried to add a bit of the Union Jack influence on the tail.

Look behind you!