Att: Tophe

Started by matrixone, March 07, 2004, 06:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Tophe

Thanks a lot dear! :wub: Mixing dream and reality is good, as long as twin-boomers are involved... :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

matrixone

Hope you liked the two Focke-Wulfs

Matrixone

Captain Canada

Ahhh !

Too  any booms and not enough aircraft !

:wub:

Tophe, didn't you get that PM I sent you ? Check your mail !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

QuoteTophe, didn't you get that PM I sent you ? Check your mail !
:(  Received nothing... My Antivirus throwed away many things - including it ?

JoeP

QuoteMixing dream and reality is good...
I agree, it's a good way to add an extra layer of realism to a what-if.
:cheers:
Very nice diorama setting as well!

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

matrixone

JoeP,
I agree, having an interesting background can make a boring model look realistic.
Right now I am building a control tower for my photo base, future additions will include fuel trucks, figures, and maybe even remains of crashed aircraft.
Here is another of my pics, a Bv 215 nightfighter.

Matrixone

Tophe

Quotemake a boring model look realistic.
Yes, your dioramas are interesting  :)  and realistic, but... my opinion is slightly different from what I read (or probably misread) in your words : "realistic=interesting" :) , "unrealistic=boring" :angry: . I feel completely different, as far as I am concerned ("realistic=war-addict", "unrealistic=art-freedom"), but I respect all ways, and you are very welcome here, as I am, it seems. Just follow your own pleasant way, just do not insult the others, please... (joke) :)  

matrixone

Tophe,
Hope you liked the Bv 215 nightfighter pic, the kit was very difficult to build, but it turned out well. It is one of my favorites out of my growing collection of Luft 46 models.
If you like, I have some other pictures that might amuse you, let me know if you want to see them.
                                                                  Matrixone

Tophe

QuoteHope you liked the Bv 215
my growing collection of Luft 46 models
If you like, I have some other pictures that might amuse you, let me know if you want to see them.
Yes, I have liked a lot your Bv 215, and I do appreciate your skillfull work. All of us would be pleased to see your other models. Some of us feel a little disturbed about the Luftwaffe 1946 subject (if I remember well, Nev do not put swastikas anymore on his aircraft), but unusual aircraft are always very pleasant to discover. Thanks a lot, dear Matrix1...

matrixone

Tophe,
I am sorry if my choice in modeling subjects offended you or anybody else, that was not my intent. If I post any other pictures I will try to not show the swastika, I will try to keep it out of frame.

Matrixeone

Tophe

I am not offended, just uncomfortable... I know fighting against evil makes heroes, so evil is part of the story. Nothing is easy. What-if modelling, we are just dreaming, but psychological comfort is not very easy to find. :(  :)  

matrixone

Tophe,
Making models is something we do for fun, I am sad that something I made ended up making someone feel uneasy, again I am sorry for being short sighted on this matter.

Matrixone  

nev

Matrixone - I'm not offended by models with swastikas on them, so don't worry about building or posting models of them.  Personally, I don't like building replicas of nazi war machines, but thats just me.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Yeah, it's the great paradox of modelling...we all love these war machines, but hate to think of them actually being used in anger !

Funny thing is, if all this Luft '46 stuff were actually true, then I'd bet half of us wouldn't even be here today !

Wierd......but fun to model, nonetheless !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?