Freightdog Hawker P1154 plus weapons set............the original Harrier...

Started by General Melchet, October 03, 2009, 01:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Melchet

Hi folks, latest project finished, this time it's the Freightdog Hawker P1154 'Harrier', released recently under the Silver Cloud label, tooled by Anigrand, (a few QC issues but nothing major). Extra to this one is the brand new weapons set available seperately which personally I think adds a lot of character to the model, I will be adding these to other models as time goes by....hope Colin can persuade Richard to create some more sets of this quality!!.
Built for a couple of magazines as review and special article items, it should be appearing soon, (I have included the full build in the review for anyone interested).

In some shots you may notice the extra SNEB packs fitted under the intakes, these are from the spares box...

Anyway hope you fellas like it....great kit, easy build and a very nice edition to ever growing collection of 'what-if-if-only's', !!

Andy... :cheers:

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

General Melchet

Thanks Dunc, Colin tells me that the weapons sets will be ready for sale at Telford..... :cheers:
Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

General Melchet

Thanks Mossie, I agree, cool markings, bit of research turns up several choices for the 'whiffer'....

Andy... 

Hobbes

Wow, that looks great!

(must get going again with my own 1154, it's been stalled for months now)

kitnut617

Very nice Andy  :thumbsup: :bow:

was that gun pod specially designed for the P1154 then ?  what was in them, two 30mm's ?  I could do with some of those myself
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

General Melchet

Cheers chaps, as far as I know it was, twin 30mm, Freightdog are hopefully releasing them in time for Telford,................. so stock up ;D

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

thedarkmaster

Must say i love it,  :wub: :wub:

Gives me so many ideas future builds.......top class
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

General Melchet

Thanks , nice to know it might inspire a few more to get some of these and wring the whiffing neck out of 'em!!!! :cheers:

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

General Melchet

van883

Brilliant-I had almost forgotten I had one until I saw yours...I must start building it.

Van

General Melchet

Thanks Van, I think enough of us have one of these tucked away to start a GB all of its own. A tiger meet might be nice... :wub:

Andy...

Glenn Gilbertson