CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

Quote from: RotorheadTX on September 30, 2009, 07:00:30 AM
Brilliant, I love the concept!

(But it has no tail rotor, and thus is just a multi-ton paint-mixer.)   ;D

Bah!  Tony you obviously missed that it has a counter-rotating setup and the pic shows both sets of blades at the precise moment when they are perfectly aligned!   ;D

OK.  That is a serious beast.  Four engines?  Man that thing could lift a Abrams!

kitnut617

Quote from: Sisko on September 30, 2009, 12:10:59 AM

Check this one out.

Came from the Concept ships blog site, Very cool :thumbsup:

Is there a side view of it sisko?  There seems to be something missing, for example, you can see four dust filters but only two engines, we should be able to see the long engine nacelles behind the top two in this view too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

B777LR

Maybe it has a NOTAR system? Would have to be a really powerful one though...

elmayerle

Aesthetically impressive but, from this engineer's point of view, not all that feasible as you structure is going to be a whole lot heavier than a standard CH-53E.  I think he narrowe or truncated the aft fuselage such that you really can't see the rear two engines (looks like he mirrored the third engine to add a fourth).  'Twould be interesting to see afour-engined Super Stallion, at least as a experimental aircraft.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

kitnut617

Looking at my model of the CH-53E the third engine is on the centerline behind the rotor mast, there wouldn't be room for two engines there, at least side-by-side.  If a four engined CH-53 was made I think it would have to have two extra podded engines like the front ones, it's something I've been thinking about doing myself.  I tried it with my EH-101 AEW project but the two sides of the rotor pylon are completely different so gave up on it and stayed with the three engines but made them bigger, but the CH-53 seems to be symetrical and if I build mine I think I'll splay the rear ends of the front ones out a bit and then fit the other two behind them splayed the same way.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Stargazer

Very impressive! But the problem is 1°) probably very heavy... 2°) unless there are counter-rotating rotors it can't work... 3°) the rotors would have to be raised so the blades don't hit the pi-shaped tail... Therefore the gain of such a configuration (other than the fact it looks GREAT) is questionable...

Aircav

Why is everyone being a JMN over this picture, its a cool pic.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

RotorheadTX

Quote from: Aircav on October 02, 2009, 04:18:10 AM

HEY!! I put a smiley on my post..... lighten up Francis!  ;D

kitnut617

Quote from: Aircav on October 02, 2009, 04:18:10 AM

Sorry Aircav, didn't mean to come over like that, it just seemed to me something was missing and I wanted to see a side view to see what was done.

Robert

dy031101

For helicopter what-ifs, the Helistat is, I think, the most special of them all.

Beyond that of a heavy lifter, what other role can it (or its successors) take?
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Weaver

Re the CH-53 twin-tail, I admit there's no evidence of it in the picture, but one solution might be that it has two fenestrons in the tail fins.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '