Northrop/Vought Peregrine

Started by bacofoil, September 23, 2009, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacofoil

November 1981 and the U.S Navy selects the Northrop/Vought proposal as the winner of the VTX-TS competition to replace both the Rockwell T2 and the Mcd T4-4J Skyhawk in the training role.
The order is for 230 aircraft of which 130 are to be T-45A carrier capable variant and 100 to be T-45B land based variant.In service the aircraft receives the name T-45 Peregrine and enters service in T-45B type in December 1990.
Here I present my T-45B for any and all C+C.

tigercat2

That looks great!!  What was the basic kit that was used?

Wes W.

Nick

Looks like the Taiwan AT-3 trainer which was developed jointly between Northrop and AIDC. Is it based on a kit of that?

bacofoil

Indeed it is. Its  the AIDC AT-3 kit from Kiddyland in 1/48. Quite a challenge to get it together but it only cost me £5 at Milton Keynes show.The markings are from my spares box and the attached pic was the starting point.I did many hours research on line and found most info on the Secret Projects site.Wish Id bought 2 of these kits and then I could have done a USAF JPATS model too!!

Ed S

Looks good. Nice and clean and simple.
:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

JoeP

A clever and creative conclusion!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

AeroplaneDriver

I refuse to acknowledge anything which doesnt leave the Hawk as the most sucessful jet trainer of the late 20th century....however for something I dont acknowledge that's pretty sweet!!!!    :lol: :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

sideshowbob9

G.Marcat

Wow! I like it.
A Very beautiful design and a good finish.  :thumbsup:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Stargazer

Soooo cool!  :wub:

I actually prefer that design to the Goshawk...

elmayerle

Beautiful model and quite accurate.  I've seen pictures of the Northrop VTX proposal and it did form teh basis for the lines of the AT-3; I worked with some Northrop folk who were over in the RoC as advisors and "industry assist".
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin