US Stash Reduction Sale

Started by elmayerle, September 20, 2009, 01:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

Both volume restrictions and cash flow problems necesitate selling off a large chunk of the stash I've accumlated here.  Payment may be via Paypal, Money Order (preferrably a postal money order), carefully wrapped cash, or, if you don't mind an extra delay, check (there's a delay because I have to deposit by mail since there's not a branch of my bank within 1ooo miles or so - there's one they're in the process of taking over but the two are still separate at this point).  Once we've agreed on a deal, I'll check into shipping and handling and get back to you.

Anything not sold here will go on to Ebay but I'd rather give y'all first crack at it.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

elmayerle

First two items up are "big ticket" ones:

1/48 Trumpeteer RA-5C (box is opened but everything inside is sealed) - inclueds Aeromaster 1/48 "Valiant Vigis #4 (RVAH-5 adn -6) decal set, , Eduared pre[painted photoetched set #49-308, E-Z Mask precut vinyl mask set, and two resin ejection seats ---- $50

1/48 Airfix TSR-2 (box is opened but everything inside is sealed) --- $40

elmayerle

A note of apology, here.  It seems I've accumulated vastly more than I realized and it's taken rather longer to catalog and list than I expected.  If there's no objection, I'll be posting a list of what I have available and I'll be willing to entertain reasonable offers.  Once we're agreed on how much for the kits, I'll go check  postage and such and we can take it from there.  For posting my list, what format works best for the majority here?

BrittMac

I have looked at several lists lately that have the scale then in subcategories the manufacturer, then the kit type.  They are pretty easy to read through.
An example:
1/72nd:
Eduard
Hellcat
Mig-3

Revell
F-4J
F-14D

1/48th:
Etc........

Seems to work pretty well.  Or you can just list each section by scale, then list the kits in the proper scale.  It works just as well because people will look through the list for something they want.

Supertom

Hi Evan.

BrittMac has the right idea here.  I'll be keen on your 1/72 jet list.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

elmayerle

Actually, I was referring more to the electronic format for the list as 'tis an awefully long one (lordy, I didn't realize I'd acquired anywhere near this many kits over the last year) to cut and paste here.  My working copy will likely be an Excel spreadsheet that'll allow me to sort by scale and/or manufacturer.  I'll probably also have some partially-built ones I acquired for practice and/or parts that I'll be dealing on a separate list as will a listing of accessories.

Should I post attach a copy of the spreadsheet here or extract the data as a table for a word document?

Scooterman

Don't matter to me Evan, please just send whatever format you want any scale!! ;D

philp

I have copied and pasted an excel spread sheet here before.  Works ok but sometimes the columns go wonky based on the number of characters.

Another option is to email copies to those that are interested.  I did this once with a large collection.  Had a sheet with everything and separate sheets for different scales.  That also seemed to work well.

Last would be to post a few of the more tempting items here and then offer the full list for email.  As items sell, you can highlight other kits.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Supertom

Dibs on any 1/72 AMT RC-135V Rivet Joint he may have!!!

And oh yeah you should be able to stick the file here.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

BrittMac

Quote from: elmayerle on September 25, 2009, 06:59:45 AM
Actually, I was referring more to the electronic format for the list as 'tis an awefully long one (lordy, I didn't realize I'd acquired anywhere near this many kits over the last year) to cut and paste here. 

Well, I have seen lists that were more than one hundred deep.  I think if you cut and pasted the link, it would be fine.  I have word/excel on a computer of mine, surely, but I would have to figure out which one lol. 

There are two problems.  One, you post the list here in all its glory.  It will take a while for people to look through it.  This post may get kinda huge. 

Two, you post an availability of a word/excel file you can email to people.  Some people wont have a program to look at your stuff, so you may not get rid of much.

Of course, you can post here AND give the option of emailing the list to whoever wants it.....  Darned if you do, darned if you don't.   Personally I like looking through a list.  It is really up to you bud.

batmancustoms

any updates?

Would be very intrested in part kits or open boxes. Basically things a poor person like myself can afford :) ;D

Love the German ww2 stuff any scale , and Bobmbers of all sorts.

Thanks

john
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

elmayerle

Took me a bit to convert this to a format I could post here (it won't let me post .xls files, I had to make .pdf files).  Anyway, these are complete listings and there are some items I intend to keep for myself (not many, but some).  If you see anything you want, Pm or email me with a reasonable offer and I'll respond and we can go from there.  Keep in mind that Sunday I'm going to offer whatever's not taken (by me or someone else) to a major buyer of collections as I do need the cash.

chrisonord

Hello Evan,
Have you got the mesages I sent you regarding the stuff I wanted from you?
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!