Sept 20th - Spalding. Now with pics!

Started by nev, September 13, 2009, 10:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

This weekend we have 2 shows on the same day - Sutton Coldfield & Spalding (IPMS Fenland "Wings n Things").  I don't think the SIG is going to either are they?  I remember Trev saying we've always had problems getting in at SC.

Anyone off to either?  I'll probly go to Spalding as its easier for me, although I went to SC last year and it was a pretty big show.  

And who came up with the idea to have 2 midlands shows the same day?  :banghead:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

No SIG stand at either show Nev. And trev is right, Sutton is nie on impossible to get into as a new display.

as for two midland shows on the same day....Spalding is an IPMS show, Sutton isnt....so the Sutton show wont appear on any IPMS date calender. So when the Spalding boys looked for a date, they saw the 20th was clear on the IPMS fixture list. Its an old bug bear but one we just have to live with.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

I also just realised that Euro Militaire is that weekend too!  The biggest armour/figures show in the country, although to be fair, they put it as far as they can from everyone else in Britain!

I'll be at Spalding, keep an eye out for familiar faces (I know most of you will be at SC anyway)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Quote from: nev on September 14, 2009, 10:05:13 PM
I also just realised that Euro Militaire is that weekend too!  The biggest armour/figures show in the country, although to be fair, they put it as far as they can from everyone else in Britain!

I've often thought they take the "Euro" bit to seriously, but it's because of the "Historex Agents" link I suppose  ;D Managed to get there once, very good show, but it's not the easiest place to get to by public transport and half the road signs in rural Kent wern't put up again after WWII  :banghead: In all seriousness once you get past Canterbury you are really in the "back of beyond" and we won't even talk about the Isle of Sheppey  :party:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

A friend of mine lives on the Isle of Sheppey, and very nice she is too :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on September 15, 2009, 05:02:00 AM

Sheppey is just sheep, prisons, sheep, caravans, sheep and the steelworks  - and sheep
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Aircav

Now theres a question that has a thousand answers  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

Well, I went to Spalding today - its certainly a small show!  Only about half a dozen branches and 1 SIG (Japanese Aviation), and only 1 trader :(  On with the pics!

IPMS Rutland 1st

Underwater Harrier
Egg planes
One of many Wallace and Grommit kits scattered around.
I have no idea what this is.

nev

Next up Northants.

1&2 Yes, that is what you think it is!  If only Greg were still here to see it.....
The Germanic Barbarian Chieftan, I have seen a LOT of this figure painted up in mags, on the show circuit and on the interweb, and this is far and away the best I've seen  :bow:
Target Amiens - I loved that idea.

Geoff

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2009, 06:19:06 AM
Quote from: Radish on September 15, 2009, 05:02:00 AM

Sheppey is just sheep, prisons, sheep, caravans, sheep and the steelworks  - and sheep

Sounds like Wales.

nev

One after our own hearts I believe ;)

The host IPMS Fenland display was the best there IMO, unfortunately they were up on the stage, and the light wasn't brilliant there.  Alas, this excellent 1/48 TSR2 came out all blurred.
Lovely BEA Rotodyne
And a nice selection of Tiger Meet markings  :wub:

nev

This Hawk 200 was a stunning model combing the Airfix kit and Neomega conversion.  Alas that is out of focus too  :banghead: Best aircraft model there for me, with a very subtle 2-tone camo that you can't make out in the pic

RAF Space Shuttle on the IPMS Lincoln stand
And a 1/48 B(i).8
And a shiny  :wub:

nev

Lastly on the Belvoir stand was this brilliant Basra diorama, and a lovely pair of Aggressors.

Radish

Thanks, Nev. Some nice ones!!
Saw a 1/48th TSR.2 today in Sky and Grey, Royal Navy :thumbsup: at Sutton C. I'm sure a photo will turn up.