Main Menu

EVE UFO kit

Started by BlackOps, September 13, 2009, 10:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

I got a chance to do a quick build this weekend, so I thought I'd share now that we have a dedicated sci-fi section. It's a fun little kit from Lightforce called the EVE flying saucer. It's a tiny little thing, only about three inches wide but it makes up for it in coolness! It has a nice working multi-color blinking light kit and great fit and detail.

On with the show.

Top view

Side View

Bottom View

Just for fun  ;D

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

nev

Last one is great.  "Take me to your leader"
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

chrisonord

I am liking that, I could use one of those as part of my SHADO themed builds, as I have not found anything suitable to use shape wise to scratch build a UFO. What sort of price are they? and does anyone know of any stockists in the UK?
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

Fantstic!  The last shot backs up Leighs plans to nuke Texas.....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: chrisonord on September 14, 2009, 03:54:48 AM
I am liking that, I could use one of those as part of my SHADO themed builds, as I have not found anything suitable to use shape wise to scratch build a UFO. What sort of price are they? and does anyone know of any stockists in the UK?
Cheers,
Chris.
Chris there's quite a few kits that are available in the UK that you could use:
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=PH9100
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=PH9102
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=PH9001
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=MMK831
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

I love the Alpha Centauri U.F.O, I'll have to get a few of them  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

chrisonord

Thanks for that Mossie,
I had a look at the Area 51 UFO on my LMS website, I think one of those will be as near as damn it for what I want.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

frank2056

Jeff - that looks great! Did you leave the underside windows unpainted? I know the plastic has a bluish cast. I love the way it's designed to snap together with a magnet, too.
Good color choice, too. I just painted one of mine in buffable aluminum and it looks too "cheerful". I'll have to tone it down quite a bit.

Frank

BlackOps

Yeah, I left the windows unpainted, they look a little colored because the lights were on but the camera flash wiped most of the brightness out.

I was going to go with aluminum for my finish, but decided I wanted to try something a little different. I ended up using pewter as a base then shooting a little steel around the edges and copper overtop of everything then a light dusting of pewter again because the copper was pretty bright. Now when I look at it it almost feels victorian/steampunkish with this color scheme.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

Very, very cool! It's good to see your work anytime. :)
Look behind you!

Sisko

Very cool little UFO :thumbsup:

I have never heard of it before.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Brian da Basher

Cool as the other side of my pillow, Black Ops! Well done!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Green Dragon

Very cool! Love the paint finish.  :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)