Jedi Cruiser - 5000 years before the republic

Started by Sisko, September 11, 2009, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

I was, up until I built my house and got married etc an avid collector of comics. My first love was Judge Dredd but I also like the Star Wars series by Dark Horse Comics.

They released a several 5 issue series that explored the Jedi and the Sith 5000 years before the formation of the republic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_Jedi

The series called Tales of the Jedi had some very cool ship designs and I decided to build a Jedi ship using elements of the designs seen in the comic.

Below is the base element with the upper super structure under construction.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

ChernayaAkula

Whoa, that's gonna a big one! :o Lookin' good so far! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

This is gunna be cool :wub:

Have you played Knights of the Old Republic (and KOTOR2)?  If not, why not?  Shape already resembles some of spacecraft in that game, which isn't surprising since it takes place only a few decades after TATJ, and many of the characters in your link are referred to in the game.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sauragnmon

Should be quite an interesting piece, Sisko, looking good so far.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Aircav

Cool, big models  ;D
All the best with the build  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Sisko

I have never really been a gamer.

I did once get hooked on C&C yuris revenge but once I got through it that was it. I didn't know about the Knights of the old republic game.

Big models, sometimes a project of mine grows way bigger than antcipated, the last time this happened was when I built a borg cube.

http://www.gumnut.net/sapma/gallery/sbpages/borgall.htm

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Quote from: Sisko on September 12, 2009, 04:28:49 PM

I have never really been a gamer.

I did once get hooked on C&C yuris revenge but once I got through it that was it. I didn't know about the Knights of the old republic game.

Too bad, its an awesome game, one of the best RPGs ever, and probably the best Star Wars game ever, and the twist - the "Kaizer Soze" moment - leaves your jaw dragging on the floor.  There's a million videos on youtube that show the various starships for inspiration if you want. 
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

BlackOps

Sisko, you demented genius! This is going to be so cool!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sisko

The upper structure is coming close to completion. Shouldn't take long so I guess by the weekend I will be building the underside structure.

I will then skin the sides but first I must scribe and add detail to them. This will require lots of plastic and plenty of kits. Something I am not exactly short of. ;D 

Then comes the side engine pods which will require some thought as to the look and detail.

ChernayaAkula

I bet you're on your styrene stock dealer's Christmas card list, right? :lol:

Those main engines. King Tiger road wheels?  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

Sisko

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 15, 2009, 10:01:43 PM
I bet you're on your styrene stock dealer's Christmas card list, right? :lol:

Those main engines. King Tiger road wheels?  ;D

Sorry but they are Kyute Drives, J-300 plasma flow regulator coils,which by a staggering coincidence happen to look like King tiger road wheels. :rolleyes:

Um yes there is a lot of plastic in this but I have made sure that not one peice of plastic is wasted. Every off cut is saved and used for either detailing or bracing.

I bought the plastic in bulk from a local supplier rather than pay the inflated costs form hobby shops. Cause otherwise this project will cost me a bomb.

pyro-manic

Very impressive! I've done a few scratchbuilt spaceships, but they're tiny - they're scaled for Games Workshop's Battlefleet Gothic game (the biggest is ~14cm).

Looking forward to further progress. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<