Advanced Technology Bomber - Completed

Started by stevev22fe, September 11, 2009, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevev22fe

I have posted this as an in-progress build, but now I think she is complete.

This is the 1988 B-2 Advanced Technology Bomber kit. What an absolute joy to build!  I will have a full review of the kit posted later.

For now, enjoy!

It was a nice day today in West Texas to take some outside pictures of her.

anthonyp

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

frank2056

This is really a top notch build. You've turned a 100% Meh kit into a sexy beast! I love the last set, with the hangar and the crew "bread truck"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

General Melchet

Nice job on the old beast!, personally I think it looks better than the B2....
Quite a hard kit to find now, wish I'd hung on to mine all those years ago :banghead:
Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Green Dragon

Wow Steve, very impressive!  :thumbsup: Think that's going to the top of my wanted list.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Ed S

Nicely done.  It looks right sitting in front of the hanger.  I have one of these kits in my stash.  I hope I can do as well with it.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

stevev22fe

Thanks Guys for your compliments!!

It's funny, I seem to do a better job when I use my imagination than I do when I am trying to build a real aircraft from a picture!

Sauragnmon

Probably because there's less pressure to match up to somebody else's work, and it doesn't have the problem of translating the image to proper colours and matching everything up cleanly etc, you're just going straight from your head to the plastic.

Nicely done, too, she looks quite a right monster.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

kitnut617

Steve, does the kit come with that undercarriage ?  I'm looking for something just like that.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

stevev22fe

Yep, the kit is built entirely out of the box.

If you look at real close, you can see that Revell use B-1 landing gear.

If I build another one, I will modify it and hack up a real B-2 and use the wheel wells and gear from the Testors kit.

kitnut617

That's what I thought they looked like,  cheers  :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Jeffry Fontaine

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

batmancustoms

outstanding!  Would love to know what went into making it and love the hanger :thumbsup:
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/