Think i am haveing an idea

Started by sudzonic, September 10, 2009, 01:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudzonic

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

B777LR

The AA guns on the sides of the turret, the Slovakians fitted Oerlikons in the same manner on a T-72:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/t72/t726.html

Sauragnmon

Looks mostly like a T-80 if I recall, as I think to recall the 72/90 only have five road wheels each side.  I could be wrong, but I could have sworn it.

The turret looks like it's a well bustled design, got two Shtora-1 boxes though like the 90 instead of the 80 (they only have one).  Like those clawed plates on the covers, and the AA guns on the sides of the bustle are just beefy.  I'd go for a slight change though, and see about a Gun Dish style radar just for the appearances.  The rocket-box I'm not quite sure about though.  Interesting is the second layer of ERA over the original clamshell layer.  It does also look like it's got the extra passive armor that's included in the T-90.

I'm looking forward to seeing you build it, man, should be quite a monster.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

ChernayaAkula

Whoa, now that thing's cool!  :wacko: Where's it from?

Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

sudzonic

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 11, 2009, 06:39:33 AM
Whoa, now that thing's cool!  :wacko: Where's it from?

Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it! Build it!

Ok Ok i hear ya mite not be for a while yet thow? its from the concept art for the game end war think i am going to build it in 1/72 can you believe i must be MAD..

JayBee

can you believe i must be MAD..
[/quote]

Nah! just a perfectly normal Whiffer :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Taiidantomcat

Its T-72 or T-90 based the front fenders are the same and they do have 6 wheels. The rear of the turret looks like russia's long rumored "black talon" All in all an awesome looking vehicle!! Looks like it could work for urban enviroments as well  :cheers: What a  :tank:  !!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

True that, but still she'll be a right out beast.  The bustle does look like the Black Eagle, granted with some drugs added for kick.

This is your T-90 on Drugs.  Any Questions?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

GTX

Quote from: B787 on September 10, 2009, 01:20:14 PM
The AA guns on the sides of the turret, the Slovakians fitted Oerlikons in the same manner on a T-72:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/t72/t726.html

That would be the T-72M1 Moderna:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Very funky tank!

Would be very cool in 1/35th! :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

sudzonic

OK i am thinking either T72 or T80 as the base i think the T80 is slightly larger so it may be the better option? most of the turret will have to be scratch built and all done in 1/72 scale.

Sauragnmon

The T-80 is a slightly larger hull, and you could get away with claiming it's an upgrade off the UD so it's a diesel engine.  This would be probably why the 80's being upgraded (black eagle) while the 72/90 is being more to the term replaced (95).  That and the 80 being what they generally consider the "Break Through" tank would be a good reason to give it the extra firepower etc.

You could almost steal the bustle from something like a Leopard 2, and modify it that way so it fits nicely, as another option.

sudzonic

sounds like a plan i have a scrap 72 scale leo2 kicking about and would save bit of work.