Pimped Out Panzer - a random idea of raw madness.

Started by Sauragnmon, September 09, 2009, 10:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Yes, I will admit, I have some rather ODD ideas in my time - this one's not Entirely mine though, as it stemmed from a rather odd conversation where we got into a discussion over weird music video combinations, like Christian Metal, and such, and somehow we got to the topic of a Wehrmacht Rap Music Video.  In this discussion we came to a hilarious high point when we had a pimped out Panzer III or similar, in concept, with spinners, chromed rivets, pimp-tastic paint and the like, and the idea slimmed out from there as a humorous concept.  I've thought recently about the concept of doing this model in full blown scale, 1/72, but the thought of figuring out how to come up with the hubs most specifically, is the issue.

Thoughts?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Weaver

In 1/72nd scale, the problem would be seeing the kind of detail that makes it "pimped". How about 1/48th or 1/35th?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Pegasus Hobby in California sells after market 1/24th low-rider wheel/tire combos that could be used to make a 1/48th hi-rise tank.
http://www.pegasushobbies.com/rims.htm

You need to go up considerably in scale to get the wanted effect.
I used the rims/tires off of a 1/18th scale diecast Jaguar S Type to do my LAPD SWAT BRDM.

Using the road-wheels from a 1/48th tank and painting them with Alclad Chrome may work on a 1/72 armored vehicle.

jcf

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

jcf

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 09, 2009, 05:58:41 PM
In ze post-Soviet Russia, TANK WHIFS YOU!  :drink:

Yeah, I love that ride its very cool.

Although, it does scream for some new big-donkey rims to really get its donk on. ;)

Sauragnmon

Hmm, I was trying to figure it out in my head, certainly, I might do it in 1/48 with a Tamiya Tank, in theory, but the end of the road is, I was trying to think of how to upgrade it so it looks tweaked.  I was thinking of things like 26ga wire or such to give a spoked wheel look on the road wheels.  That was just my thought, really, and I was idea farming to get the juices rolling if I ever get this idea off the ground.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

jcf

Old beat-up Hotwheels from a thrift store or garage sale would be a good source for wheels for a 1/72 tank.

Take the wheels off and play Godzilla with the hulks.  ;D

Sauragnmon

cute idea, did that enough as a kid though.  I'm still idea farming though, so those with ideas, keep them coming.  I'm not quite sure what else to add.

jcf

Was in a local hobby emporium today and saw a 1/72nd combination that has potential, to whit: cross-kit  a T-34 with a Panzer III or IV and
chrome the T-34 roadwheels. I was looking at a Pegasus T-34/85 twin-kit (2 models in the box for 12 bucks) and a Revell Pzkpw IV.

A related combo that appeals in 1/72 is a Trumpeter T-55 crossed with a Dragon Jagd IV Lang.
Chrome the big T-55 roadwheels and you'd really be gettin' yer Donk on with that bad-boy. :tank:

Sauragnmon

Yeah, flat-hubs is another thought that has potential - putty-fu the hubs so they have a flat appearance and chrome the puppies up nicely... Spinners on a T-34 would be hilarious though, with those massive Christie Roadwheels..

Weaver

Leave the turret roof-plate off entirely and pimp out the interior with garish upholstery and the like. You could maybe take a slice off the sides too, to give it the slammed look.... ;D

Chrome up the exhaust pipes and all the engine grills, of course... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on October 04, 2009, 03:26:33 PM
Leave the turret roof-plate off entirely and pimp out the interior with garish upholstery and the like. You could maybe take a slice off the sides too, to give it the slammed look.... ;D

Chrome up the exhaust pipes and all the engine grills, of course... ;)

A tuck and roll banguette around the interior perimeter of the turret with the gun turned into a big water-pipe.  ;D