Hawker Delta Hunter

Started by van883, August 27, 2009, 12:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

...has a nice ring to it! The result of a collaboration between Douglas and Hawker in the mid 1950's

Airfix Hunter fuselage and decals and Tamiya Skyray wings and tail and lots of filler.

Van

I thought I'd put it here as well as the child board-otherwise what is the point of the main section?!

Shasper

Looks au natural, well played Van !!!
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

lenny100

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Ed S

Nice kit bash.  Although, with that wing, you have to take a second look to see the Hunter in there.  Well done.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Jeffry Fontaine

Nice blending of the Skyray and Hunter parts.  Looks quite authentic and I hope it causes some fits amongst the purists when it is encountered on the display table at your next show.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Cobra

Super Sweet :thumbsup: This is Too Cool :ph34r: You did an awesome Job Paint,Decal.and All Around :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hope to see More Great Work like This :cheers:

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

van883

thanks for all your kind words-I'll definitely take it to a show where the sig have a table..

Van

ElectrikBlue

andrewj

Very nice, just looks right somehow.

GTX

Brilliant concept and execution! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

KiwiZac

That is truly jaw-dropping - at least, down here it is ;). Nice work! As soon as I saw the canopy and the nose decal I just knew the Airfix Hunter had to be involved.

A brilliant concept well-executed, and the camo is quite nice too. As a delta fan I give this two thumbs up!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

Terrific Van - looking forward to seeing her in the flesh  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.