Hawker Delta Hunter

Started by van883, August 27, 2009, 12:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

...has a nice ring to it! The result of a collaboration between Douglas and Hawker in the mid 1950's

Airfix Hunter fuselage and decals and Tamiya Skyray wings and tail and lots of filler.

Van

Ian the Kiwi Herder

That is some kind of beautiful.....  :thumbsup:

Not often I'm speechless, but I am just now.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

thedarkmaster

Ohhh I say  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I want one so very much
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

jcf

Very nice.

BTW the Skyray is technically not a Delta, Douglas described it as having 'low-aspect ratio swept wings'.

Captain Canada

Now that was a great idea ! What a beauty....

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

van883

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 27, 2009, 01:05:12 PM
Very nice.

BTW the Skyray is technically not a Delta, Douglas described it as having 'low-aspect ratio swept wings'.

oh well,  it is the Hawker low-aspect ratio swept wings Hunter then.... ;D
on second thoughts I'll stick to Delta Hunter!

Sauragnmon

For some reason, I'm struck with the image of a more ogvial delta version of a British Draken... it's quite a nice bird with those curves and lines.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Barry Krell

Neat!  Although there was delta wing Hunter designed by HSA Kingston.  I just can't remember the project number...
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

kitnut617

Quote from: Barry Krell on August 27, 2009, 03:20:48 PM
Neat!  Although there was delta wing Hunter designed by HSA Kingston.  I just can't remember the project number...

P.1084, P.1085, P.1091, P.1096 (possible), from Francis Mason's book Hawker Aircraft since 1920. There's a 3-View drawing of the P.1091 on page 643 in the book, it has regular air intakes and a straight trailing edge. The fin looks to be a regular fin shape but twice as big as a regular fin.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

philp

Looks good and gives me some ideas on how to make my Henneway different (since it is based on the same two aircraft).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Cobra

Three Words:British TOP GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has that kind of feel to it!!!!!!!!!! You did an Awesome Job on this Aircraft!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

van883

Quote from: philp on August 27, 2009, 08:25:45 PM
Looks good and gives me some ideas on how to make my Henneway different (since it is based on the same two aircraft).
Thanks for your kind words. I am looking forward to the Hennaway.

cheers

Van

Scooterman

Ooooo that's NIIIIICE, Van.  Me likey!! :wub: :thumbsup:

RotorheadTX

Brilliant! Simply brilliant!  :bow: