T2 Hunter-Killer aircraft

Started by Nick, August 27, 2009, 04:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

In my local shop I found the 90s Horizon release of the Hunter-Killer jet from Terminator 2:Judgement Day. Resembles a V-22 Osprey on steroids.

Looks in good condition but.... £80. For a large rare injection kit, think it was 1/35 scale.

Mossie

Those old Horizon (they were vinyl IIRC) movie kits go for big pennies when they come around, very desireable.  I remember coveting a few, but never buying them because I was on a YTS wage.  I still can't afford them!! :lol:

I remember looking longingly at two built up Terminator T-800 kits that lived in the window of the The Model Shop in Hull for some time.  There was the 1/5 Horizon kit & a 1/9 kit (can't remember the manufacturer) that was actually better detailed.  I'd love either kit now.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PanzerWulff

I still have my Horizon ED-209 from Robocop I painted it up as a USMC unit in a desert cammo It's in a state of disrepair awaiting a much needed overhaul
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Jeffry Fontaine

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

jcf

Quote from: Mossie on August 27, 2009, 06:00:45 AM
Those old Horizon (they were vinyl IIRC) movie kits go for big pennies when they come around, very desireable.  I remember coveting a few, but never buying them because I was on a YTS wage.  I still can't afford them!! :lol:

I remember looking longingly at two built up Terminator T-800 kits that lived in the window of the The Model Shop in Hull for some time.  There was the 1/5 Horizon kit & a 1/9 kit (can't remember the manufacturer) that was actually better detailed.  I'd love either kit now.

1/9th kit is Tsukuda. I think I donated mine for the club raffle a couple years back. I'll have to check the shelves.

The 1/12th T-800 released a few years back by Todd McFarlane Toys in the Movie Maniacs series is actually even better.
Reminds me I have to fix up my MacFarlane T-800, it took a header off of a shelf onto a concrete floor a couple years back.
So much for indestructible.  ;D

Jon

jcf

The Hunter-Killer is vinyl and mine, along with every other one I've seen, has a funky twist in the tail that won't go away ...
even after repeated attempts with hot-water and heat gun on very low. C'est la vie.

The Horizon Nostromo (yes, I have one) has a similar problem with the neck to main body join.

Vinyl is not the best material for machines, works OK for figures, not so much for tech stuff.

Jon

Nick

Glad I didn't buy it, but wonder if it would do well on Ebay.... :wacko: