B

Roskilde airshow 2009 - incl. lots of red planes!

Started by B777LR, August 23, 2009, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

Roskilde airshow 2009 offered a nice selection of aircraft. I came specifically for only a few of them though, the Red Arrows, a Danish Air Transport MD-87, the Hawker Hunter, Magister, L-29, Vampire and Dutch F-16 demo.

I have no photos of flying planes, so you will have to do with the photos i took on the ground.

The MD-87 display was awesome. The pilot performed a short takeoff in 500 meters, and made 4 low passes showing the topside!

As the MD-87 was performing, the Reds started up, and taxied down to the end of the runway. Following an awesome 22 minute display, they returned, and displays stopped for about an hour during lunchtime. I had some time to see the displays:

DAT MD-87

Boeing had a stall. Was nothing compared to SAAB, who brought 3 Gripens, and had a stall

Fokker 50

Red 1 in front, and parked in numerical order. Chip Chaps opposite the Hawks

B777LR

The Red Arrows were off to dispay at Bournemouth

Red 10 broke down, and was towed to an empty parking spot right in front of me! ;D Red 2 also broke down following the display, and couldn't leave either.

There were 2 minor accidents. First was during the display of R/C aircraft. A jet climbed nearly vertically off the runway, when the engine cut off. The operator glided it down onto the taxiway, but the nose-gear collapsed.
Second incident was with the L-29. During landing, a tyre burst, and it veered off into the grass.

:tornado:

ChernayaAkula

You must have had a whale of a time!  :thumbsup: Fantastic weather and an airshow - what more could you possibly need?  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Hobbes

QuoteThe MD-87 display was awesome. The pilot performed a short takeoff in 500 meters, and made 4 low passes showing the topside!

What? Did he do a barrel roll?  :cheers:

B777LR

Quote from: Hobbes on August 23, 2009, 11:59:57 PM
QuoteThe MD-87 display was awesome. The pilot performed a short takeoff in 500 meters, and made 4 low passes showing the topside!

What? Did he do a barrel roll?  :cheers:

Actually, i think it was the same pilot who barrel rolled that ATR a while ago...
Video of one of the passes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XdKINT4VwA

Geoff

Thanks for the pics -  funny I was thinking about a Danish F-18 the other day.