Westland Lynx-Now with bits and bits and bits !

Started by Captain Canada, August 20, 2009, 08:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

I've got 5 on the go now.....should be finished next day or so. This is one I built years ago to be part of a dio, which was to include a pair of GR.3s and a tank. never got finished...anyway, dug her out of the scrap heap and scratched up the skids...

Looks close enough to me !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Aircav

Cool Lynx Toadie  ;D :thumbsup:
wish someone would do a 1/48 injection version.................
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Taiidantomcat

Lynx are good looking aircraft, you are doing a great job on them  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

deathjester

Very nice!  Can't work out why Westlands have never tried to turn the Lynx into a dedicated attack helo, instead of buying Apache.  Could even make one like a certain black and white Mach capable chopper.... 

Captain Canada

Thanks for the comments, guys.

As for the attack helo, I've wondered that myself, should be easy enough to do !

I managed to find the rotor hub, but it only had two blades....

Scratched up some exhaust pipes, wire cutters, and added the flare dispensers and RWR bits.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Added a few more details to the rotor head

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Torpedoes and the tail rotor. You know, for all the bitching I do around here, I really need to work on my own photography ! I plan on doing a wee diorama of a heki-meet, so want to take pics of the a/c alone, being loaded, and bombed up.

I think my homemade rotor bits look every bit as good as the factory one. The yellow bits are the dollies for moving the skid equipped birds about.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

That's some excellent scratch-building on those rotors, Cap'n! You're right, you can't tell them apart from the ones that came with the kit.

Nice work!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

Lynx are always good!  Don't see enough of the skid equipped version. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Nice one Cap'n!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: deathjester on August 22, 2009, 11:45:33 AM
Very nice!  Can't work out why Westlands have never tried to turn the Lynx into a dedicated attack helo, instead of buying Apache.  Could even make one like a certain black and white Mach capable chopper.... 

You could make a case that the A129 Mangusta "is" the Lynx gunship, since it's powered by two Gems. All it would need is the Lynx's more advanced rotor head....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Mossie

The Lynx started out life as a gunship design, have a look here, there's a mix of speculative & real projects:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,14937.0/highlight,westland+lynx.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2009, 04:36:26 AM
Nice one Cap'n!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: deathjester on August 22, 2009, 11:45:33 AM

You could make a case that the A129 Mangusta "is" the Lynx gunship, since it's powered by two Gems. All it would need is the Lynx's more advanced rotor head....

Ooh! like this then ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

AeroplaneDriver

IIRC there was an artists imression from Westland back in the 80s or maybe early 90s for a two-seat gunship version of the Lynx.  Anyone else remember this or am I imagining things?

So I got that going for me...which is nice....