G

F-111 K Vengence GR1

Started by Geoff_B, February 28, 2004, 02:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Just a quick shot before i show it Tomorrow at the Crewe Model show. I know Wooksta won't like it but hopefully it will sit nicely next to Lazlos 617 sqdn version.

Cheers

Thor B)  

lancer

Whilst I don't normally like F111's, I have to say that that is one GORGEOUS version of it.
What squadron markings is it wearing.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Geoff_B

Hi Lancer

Cheers for that, the Sqdn is actually 35 sqdn using its older style winged horse head rather than the Numeral style it tried in early 70's

Geoff B B)  

retro_seventies

great stuff Thor - i'm with lancer, never really been a big fan of the f-111 (although i'm a sucker for the f-111b, and would have rather like to make one of those as an RAF interceptor, god forgive me), but this looks super!

all the best mate,

ben  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Geoff_B

Hi Ben

Check out the 1202 lower down, i think you'll like that !!! :D

As for the F-111B, i still have the TFX kit with the B parts if you need one, done as Javelin replacement then ?

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

John Howling Mouse

Looking great!  Which model? What scale, please?  Other pics?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Yup, that's surely one of the nicest looking 111s on the net !

BTW...what came first, the Fencer or the 111 ?

And while I'm asking questions.....when did the RAF Phantom fleet switch from camo to gray ? Would it be pausible that there were still a few camo birds lingering about in '82 ?

TIA !

CC Toader
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

QuoteBTW...what came first, the Fencer or the 111 ?
The F-111 clearly came first as McNamara scrapped the F6D-1 and combined that requirement with the USAF's requirement for a F-105 replacement in 1962.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Geoff_B

Hi Todd

Glad you guys like it, as for the Phantom, i think the repainting ran from the late 70's to about 1983 so it would be possible to see Grey/Green phantoms  at this time

Cheers

Thor B)  

nev

Yeah, I really like that modern grey scheme on it.

And I agree with what Geoff says, you'd definately still see grey/green phantoms into the mid 80s.  There were still grey/green Lightnings flying when they were retired in 89.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mike Wren

looks great Thor, then again the F-111 always does...  :wub:

Mike (ducking for cover)

;)  

Martin H

As usual Geoff an excelent job.
I used to see the 111's of the 20th TFW overhead every day and got sick to the back teeth of them, these days its rare to see anything military around here....I hate to admit it but I miss the Aardvarks.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Captain Canada

Thanks for the info, guys.....and it makes sense, nev, with the Lightning staying camo for so long...never thought of that !

Cheers !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Well, IIRC all the LIghtnings/Phantoms were repainted grey whenever they had a major overhaul.  Obviously they didn't bother with the Lightnings, perhaps thinking that there was no point as they would crash/be scrapped soon  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

F-32

Think it looks great, long live the 'Vark! :D