Beriev Be-42/A-40 Mermaid in RAF service

Started by McColm, August 18, 2009, 01:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Hi Guys,
Having read a few of your comments on the Nimrod Replacement Maritime Patrol Aircraft. If The British government had given the go-ahead for 12 A-40 MPA and 5 SAR examples Shorts Belfast would have been the main contractor. The Nimrod2000 package would have also been installed. My suggestion is to include a 25 foot plug in the forward section of the fuselage to allow for two cargo doors, one each side. These doors allows access for Zodiac inflateable boats for Search & Rescue and operational equipment to be changed quickly. The four engines two turbofans and two turbojets boosters would be British or European. With the extension of the fuselage the weapons bay could also hold S & R equipment or SLAR or Electronic Warfare kit.
Transporter versions and commercial combos would have been used for Island hopping around the Caribbean or the Mediterranean.
The Russian Navy have put an order in for a service date or 2013.
Has anyone built a model of this?

McColm

Hi guys,
They said you were the best on the Secrete Projects Webb site in creating CGI Profiles and making models :banghead:
If I could persuade my boss to update his IT package then I could do my own profiles. If I knew how to post a picture on this article it would be a start.
Help! I need a profile, any offers? :tornado:

Weaver

It might be a better idea to post the request on the Profiles section of the forum. You might even get pointed to a pre-exisiting profile.

The best way of posting a picture on here is to get a free Photobucket account. You upload your pictures to Photobucket, copy the link code they give you into a post on here and voila!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

Green Dragon

Anigrand are planning an A-40 in 1/144th scale. Here's a link to Blue Donkey's Kampfgruppe 144 article. http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/2009/08/1144-anigrand-future-releases-2009.html
And here's his main site. http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/
Ton's of stuff on his site to interest whiffers including the new 1/144th scale Ta183 and Me P1101 kits from Jach in the Czech Republic.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

McColm