Real World F-8 finished

Started by Dork the kit slayer, August 17, 2009, 06:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

I try to keep my Wifs and real worlds seperate,but as I seem to be falling behind  :banghead:with my Wiffery Im posting this over here.

Its the Hasegawa 1:48 version. Im hoping to start the 72nd kit as a FAA job..................but as they say " I wont hold my breath" this one took me over 4 months to do :huh:

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

AeroplaneDriver

Yuck!!! Completely unrealistic!! What would the USN do with Crusaders???  Two engines are much better for carrier ops, and what's the deal with all those guns???  This ain't the wild west boy!!!

;D ;D ;D

Nice!   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

Haha....good one, Nick !

That's a beauty, Dorko ! Love the colourful markings anmd the weathering....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 17, 2009, 07:15:39 PM
Two engines are much better for carrier ops,
;D ;D ;D

I knew when I lost the instructions Id forget something................................me bad.

Nice!   :thumbsup:

tigercat2

What a fantastic job!!!  Outstanding.

Wes W.

NARSES2

Great model of a great aircraft  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ed S

Nice looking Crusader.  Nothing wrong with showing some real world models.  I generally build more real world subjects than WHIFs. 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Taiidantomcat

Yuck!!! Completely unrealistic!! What would the USN do with Crusaders???  Two engines are much better for carrier ops, and what's the deal with all those guns???  This ain't the wild west boy!!!

;D ;D ;D

:lol:

Excellent Crusader!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

Great points Nick - and that narrow undercarriage, totally unsuitable for landing on a carrier deck.  And don't get me started on that weight inducing wing-lifting mechanism you seem to have invented......

Nice kit Allan, but I think you forgot the undercarriage ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Dork the kit slayer

should 'ave gone to Specsaver. lol..................................dont give up the day job. lol
Thanks gents.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

It's alright I s'pose, if you like big, smokey, noisy and colourful jet fighters from the 1950's and 60's....... Oh, wait a minute..... I do  :blink:

Ian
(Just got (another) set of decals in stock should I ever find a Hasegawa kit to buy  :banghead:)
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Brian da Basher

You've done a masterful job of weathering that USN gray, Dork!

Now quit showing off and fudge something up like I usually do.
;)
Seriously, your Crusader is a real showcase of your talent and skill. Most impressive!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Dork the kit slayer

Thanks Brian ( insert a blushing smilie)  believe me Ive made fudging builds into an art form..............................psst won a buy spare parts Jonny???

Scooterman

Love it, DtKS.  Plain and simple. :wub:

Wolfman

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on August 18, 2009, 02:03:34 PM
should 'ave gone to Specsaver. lol..................................dont give up the day job. lol
Thanks gents.

Excellent work!