Help I need an engine!

Started by McColm, August 14, 2009, 01:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Hi Guys,
can anyone point me in the right direction for the new six/eight bladed turboprop engines or 6-8 contra-fan engine for 1:72 scale?
Are there any after products that do the Spey engine jet-pipes?
I've found an old Heller 1:48 Mirage IV kit but does anyone know where I can find the 1:72 kit?

Mossie

IIRC, Desmojen on Brit Modeller did an update set for the C-130J, which included the curved six blade props.  Give her a nudge & she might be able to sell you some.

I don't know of any aftermarket Speys (I'd like to know if there are some myself), but the Fujimi Phantom FG.1 & FGR.2 have been doing the rounds again.  Maybe you could get a kit & cast some resin replacements?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

McColm

Hi Mossie,
Aires do a resin 1/48 scale exhaust nozzels for the Phantom FGR MK2. Code number is AIRE4361,retail price is £11.50.
I tried Relish Models but they have sold out.

Mossie

Hmmm.  It's more 1/72 I'd be looking for, although I've already got the base kit in 1/48, maybe if I was brave....

Then I again, I might just squeal like a girl!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Quote from: McColm on August 14, 2009, 01:18:28 AM
Hi Guys,
can anyone point me in the right direction for the new six/eight bladed turboprop engines or 6-8 contra-fan engine for 1:72 scale?
Are there any after products that do the Spey engine jet-pipes?
I've found an old Heller 1:48 Mirage IV kit but does anyone know where I can find the 1:72 kit?
There is a 1/72nd scale kit of the Mirage IV, it is also a Heller kit, they do turn up every now and again on ebay, that is if weaver doesn't snap it up from under your nose  :lol:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

McColm

Many thanks Chrisonord,
Are there any pictures of the finished Mirage IV, that members have completed. I've seen a few on britmodeller.com and
secrete projects forum. I'm interested in the cockpit although you can't see a lot of detail in the rear.

ElectrikBlue

Quote from: McColm on August 14, 2009, 09:06:41 AM
Hi Mossie,
Aires do a resin 1/48 scale exhaust nozzels for the Phantom FGR MK2. Code number is AIRE4361,retail price is £11.50.
I tried Relish Models but they have sold out.
Aires also made a 1/72 scale variant for the Fujimi Phantom FG.1 (code 7179)
product : http://www.modelhobbies.co.uk/shop/aires-british-phantom-exhaust-nozzles-7179-p-13443.html
review : http://www.ipmsusa2.org/Reviews/Details/Aircraft/aires_72/aires_72_f4-exh.htm

Mossie

kitnut617

Quote from: McColm on August 20, 2009, 01:01:22 AM
Many thanks Chrisonord,
Are there any pictures of the finished Mirage IV, that members have completed. I've seen a few on britmodeller.com and
secrete projects forum. I'm interested in the cockpit although you can't see a lot of detail in the rear.

Not a brilliant pic but it was getting packed away. Sorry it's all I've got of the one I built.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

Hi Guys,
The Aviation workshop do a C-130J improvement kit ref:CS-68 for £15 in 1:72 scale and Italeri do the C-130J in 1:72 and 1:48 scales.
:cheers:

kitnut617

Quote from: McColm on August 26, 2009, 03:08:07 AM
Hi Guys,
The Aviation workshop do a C-130J improvement kit ref:CS-68 for £15 in 1:72 scale and Italeri do the C-130J in 1:72 and 1:48 scales.
:cheers:

CS-68 is actually Jennifer Wrights improvement set (some of us know her as desmojen on Britmodeler)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

McColm

I've found a russian company named 'neOmega Logo' that sells 1:48 cockpit set C64 @ £17.