Any H-3 fans out there?

Started by Eddie M., August 09, 2009, 06:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Just going through some of my old photos and dusted off some H-3 photos. There's something I really like about this helo and it started back when I used to watch the Apollo recoveries as a kid.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Cliffy B

YES!!!!!  Fav helo ever!!!

Thanks for the photos man, keep 'em coming if you have anymore please.  :cheers:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Eddie M.

Glad you like 'em Cliffy. I'll add some more tomorrow.
Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

Im a huge fan! My dad had to work on the USAF version for a few weeks and he was most definitely not a fan!  Thanks again Eddie for such great pics  :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Captain Canada

H-3 ?

*Ahem*

Around here, Edward, that chopper is known as Mr. King......Sea King, that is !

Great pics. I recognize a few from your previous posts, but htere's a few new beauties to make us all fall back in love again !

:wub:

Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

I'm glad y'all like them. My oversite Capt. I should be using the proper name when mentioning such a fine aircraft.;)

Here's the last of the decent ones I have left.

Look behind you!

Scooterman

jcf

worked for Heli-pro(when they existed) doing S-61 shortenings for the heli-log market.
Take an S-61L or N airliner (mostly N models), remove the nose/flight deck, take out a roughly four foot plug, replace nose.
Also the sponsons are removed and replaced with L model fixed gear.
Voila one S-61 Shortsky. Same engine power, lighter weight = more lift capacity.
Taking out the plug gained 1000+ lbs of lift simply by reducing the fuselage area under the rotor disc.

A VIH (Vancouver Island Helicopters) machine.

Hayes C-FHHM, I worked on their first Shortsky C-FHFS.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hayes-Helicopter-Services/Sikorsky-S-61N-Shortsky/1247583/L/
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hayes-Helicopter-Services/Sikorsky-S-61N-Shortsky/0456653/L/

Spey_Phantom

nice seaking pictures, im kind of a big seaking fan myself  :mellow:
i made tons of Belgian Seaking pics, and i even have some RAF & German pics, there's something special about that chopper  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

B777LR

When i visited the Danish Aviation Museum earlier this summer, they had just received an ex-RDAF S-61. It was freshly painted in the original colours, and looked like it had just come out of Sikorsky's factory. It was fabulous!