Some new What if

Started by tigercat2, August 07, 2009, 05:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat2

I cranked out a few new What ifs last week; just got around to taking photos.  I really like the Mirage F.1 as you can tell.

More on the way, including an Irish F-84G.

Wes W.

tigercat2

Here is a real What if; I don't remember where I got the markings, but they look good on a HobbyBoss F-84.  The SBDs are the very easy to build Testors kits that I used as paint test beds.

Wes W.

Sauragnmon

the blue SBD looks pretty interesting with the big orange triangles on it, they really stand off together.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

tigercat2

Thanks, the blue SBD, the brown one and a few others not in this photo were purchased with the idea using them as test beds.  I bought them for a few bucks each, and used very inexpensive paint from Michael's Craft store ( a US Chain). 

The black/red '104 is an old, old Hasegawa kit that I bought years ago, and it came in handy as another paint test bed.

Wes W.

Cobra

Sweet Job!!!!!!!! Really liked the F-104's Paint Job!!!!!!!!!!! has a "TOP GUN Adversary" Look to it! hope i spelled Adversary right. What scale was the 104????? You did a Great Job!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

buzzbomb

Nice interesting schemes..

Hmmm got me thinking about an unpainted Tornado I have.... what if the powers to be where able to sell it to Australia or New Zealand.

tigercat2

Quote from: Cobra on August 07, 2009, 09:10:50 PM
Sweet Job!!!!!!!! Really liked the F-104's Paint Job!!!!!!!!!!! has a "TOP GUN Adversary" Look to it! hope i spelled Adversary right. What scale was the 104????? You did a Great Job!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

The F-104 is the Hasegawa 1/72 kit.  All of my models are 1/72; this scale works best for me with the storage and display space I have.

Here are a few more What Ifs; a South Vietnamese A-4 along with an operational version of the X-29 for West Germany.

Wes W.

tigercat2

Some Skyhawks and one of the greatest What Ifs of all - the AH-56A Cheyenne.

Wes W.

NARSES2

You've got some really nice stuff there  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jorel62

Outstanding.....Great work as always.

tigercat2

Thanks, here is another paint test bed, using a cheap Corsair and very very inexpensive paints.  This was also a test for weathering.

Wes W.

sideshowbob9

Great models, all of 'em but the ones that stand out for me are the Tiggery F.1, the Valkyrie F-104 and the Irish Thunderplank  :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Love the SEA camo Mirage! :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

thedarkmaster

Once again you've put some really good aircraft on here.

Love your work and ideas  :wub:  :wub:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Captain Canada

That's a whole lotta models ! I like the Irish F-84 best...very neat.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?