Miage IIIDD

Started by Tophe, February 25, 2004, 08:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

It was from a Heller basis (IIIE) with a conversion kit (from GraphyAir, if I remember well) to IIID - but I did not like the nose (IIIR like) nor all the metal to paint in the canopy. I just improved a little, to have a beautiful one.
Of course I discarded the killing bombs, the nationalistic roundels and all, to have just a beauty on my shelf, in sky coulour...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Thats some sweet lines she's got there  :wub:

Of course, now you've whetted our appetite by showing parts of other models in the background!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

F-32

Very sleek, I can picture it now in Swiss markings, screaming through the Alps!

Tophe

QuoteOf course, now you've whetted our appetite by showing parts of other models in the background!
Thanks.
Behind this one was the GF-16XL that I have shown previously, and the others are heretical here : stupidly real ! (Mirage 2000C and Polikarpov I-153, almost like in the box except fantasy colours).
Sorry for Ollie : there are no pilots nor seats in my "two-seater" Mirage... I love planes as birds (with canopies as eyes), as far as I am concerned, not as manned machines. That is my way, but I respect the other ones, of course. Welcome to sane minds...

Captain Canada

Yeah, looking good Tophe !

Does this mean that you're building again ?

Cheers !

CC Toader
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

QuoteCC Toader
Oh... I was wondering what became of our dear Toad : name change, only, still alive :) ... I have noted that C-FWOL is now Ollie, but Captain Canada could have been a new one. Toad, if I were general, I would not say you are a Captain, you would be Colonel, or I would resign and give you the stars that you deserve much more than me. But I am not General Canada, and General France is JC Carbonel, according to me.
Well, this 3DD was an old model, that my wife changed place yesterday. But I have bought many twin-boom Unicraft models, wonderful, and I plan to build them. Late in 2004, I think. I will have to buy paint and putty and glue all over again, it will remind me the good old times. Modelling was the very pleasure of life. :)  

nev

QuoteModelling was the very pleasure of life. :)
It sure is!  :wub:  :wub:

As for your "real" planes, it don't matter.  Me & Ollie particularly often show piccies of our real life models.  I just like seeing everyones models.  And the more you show us, the more we encourage you, the more likely you are to pick up the scalpel and start modelling again.  Hurrah!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

QuoteI just like seeing everyones models.  And the more you show us, the more we encourage you, the more likely you are to pick up the scalpel and start modelling again.  Hurrah!
Thanks dear Nev,
Here is another one I have shown elsewhere, in a long discussion with TSR-Joe (that has made wonderful ones too) : improved P-51D and almost-real-P-51D (just to compare, with no engine, no spinner, no propeller, no tailplane, no roundel, no gun ...). I have never finished it, removing the extra putty, and this picture is all that remains - the model went to garbage when I took a new appartment, going out of hospital in 2,000 - not a psychiatric hospital, let me confirm...).

Ollie

QuoteSorry for Ollie : there are no pilots nor seats in my "two-seater" Mirage... I love planes as birds (with canopies as eyes), as far as I am concerned, not as manned machines. That is my way, but I respect the other ones, of course. Welcome to sane minds...

It's your call Tophe, but I tend to avoid birds when I fly as they have this nasty habbit of making whicked holes in the structure when you hit one... ;)

QuoteAs for your "real" planes, it don't matter. Me & Ollie particularly often show piccies of our real life models. I just like seeing everyones models.

Yeah, me too.  And I just have to make some of the great planes that flew since 1935.  Hmmm, I smell Hurricane pictures soon....

:P  B)  

Tophe

QuoteIt's your call Tophe, but I tend to avoid birds when I fly as they have this nasty habbit of making whicked holes in the structure when you hit one... ;)
I understand your safe and wise point of view, but I was just in a childish state of mind, like our forefathers : why building aircraft ? Not for efficient war ('Do not kill' said the Bible) nor intercontinental travel in hours instead of weeks (science fiction, of course impossible), but flying gently like a free bird, gliding for fun from cloud to cloud and crossing bridgeless rivers so easily...
I know the poet looking at beloved birds may receive bird-poo-poo (cloac) on the eye, but I was just dreaming : what if birds were angels ?... Forgive me, and fly safely away from them, you are the right one...
I should not have said "aircraft are birds" but "my aircraft are angel-birds", or "my aircraft models are like bird pictures" (but that will not bring me back into building again), thanks for the lesson, dear...

nev

Those modded 'stangs look great Tophe, its a shame that you're not modelling, you are clealy capable of some good stuff  :f16:  

Tophe

Thanks Nev, I will again... :)  

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Tophe on February 25, 2004, 08:24:35 PM
It was from a Heller basis (IIIE) with a conversion kit (from GraphyAir, if I remember well) to IIID - but I did not like the nose (IIIR like) nor all the metal to paint in the canopy. I just improved a little, to have a beautiful one.
Of course I discarded the killing bombs, the nationalistic roundels and all, to have just a beauty on my shelf, in sky coulour...

Looks beautiful indeed!

I agree in considering beauty as major criteria in whiffery. :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.