Scale 1:144 Russian Sukhoi- N-01 (similair to the US E-2)

Started by ALVAMA, August 04, 2009, 05:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALVAMA

Still need to do something on the paint job, but what ever. :drink:
Let me know hob you thinking about <_<

Победим! Неповиновение! Время пришло! хочешь мира, готовься к войне. ты морячка я моряк

redstar72

Your paints are very sticky. You need to dilute them with a thinner.
The color scheme is some sort of anti-camouflage  -_- . The stars are GIANT, and this red "saucer"!..
The stars on the wings are reversed (back to front).

Do you know about Yakovlev Yak-44? It was a real project of carrier-based AEW aircraft similar to E-2:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-44
http://paralay.com/44.html
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

Captain Canada

That's some pretty freaky camo you got going on there ! Would blend right in to the Saskatchewan Seal Hunt !

:thumbsup:

Also digging the F-16 type thing.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff

ALVAMA

Thanks!!

I know about the camo, It's just for a demo team ;D I still working on.

No, I haven't see the Yakovlev :banghead:

The F-16-type was early posted on a another topic
Победим! Неповиновение! Время пришло! хочешь мира, готовься к войне. ты морячка я моряк

Sauragnmon

The camo in and of itself isn't all that bad - I've seen Naval Flankers that look roughly in a similar pattern of camo.  The Markings are what kinda give it the anti-camo effect.  Of course, E-2's tend to carry some weird patterns on top of the dome, so who knows.

The Yak-44 has some very interesting differences if you look up close, like it avoids the, as an E-2 crewman and I joked, "Flying Dong" cockpit style, overall showing a very sleek fuselage.  It also lacks the inner tails, including the Fake Tail which is Port Inboard - It's a fin, but it does NOT move at all.  Interestingly, as you can see, it's got the vertical tips on the wings, and it also has the contra-props on its turboprop engines - the Russians seem to like doing contraprop turboprops...
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

redstar72

Quote from: Sauragnmon on August 05, 2009, 02:47:58 PM
and it also has the contra-props on its turboprop engines - the Russians seem to like doing contraprop turboprops...

The Yak-44's engines are Progress D-27 - just the same as on the An-70 transport aircraft. They are much more powerful than E-2's T56 - 14.000 hp instead of 5170. Because of this, Yak-44 is much faster: its (projected) maximum speed is 740 km/h, while E-2C reaches only 598 km/h.
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast