Almost AMX

Started by ysi_maniac, July 28, 2009, 08:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Many of us are really upset (me too) because Italeri, or any other manufacturer, is not producing a model of AMX tactical fighter.
So ... what can I do? ... WHIF IT!
On the other hand this will fit into the RDF cathegory I am interested in:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,17823.0

Lets begin with some old simple airfix models: Skyhawk and Viggen
Will die without understanding this world.

John Howling Mouse

Already very, very intriguing.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

ysi_maniac

1) A-4's aft fuselage is widened introducing a wedge. This constitutes a somewhat low spine and makes section to fit with Viggen's front fuselage.
2) Wings insertion is faired over, as definitive wings will be top-mid mounted.

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

lancer

Looking good Carlos. I'm afraid I cheated and brought a resin AMX from a polish outfit called Warrior models.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Shasper

^ Is that kit any good? Some one else does either a limited run injected mold or resin kit, cant remember who tho'

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

lancer

Yes, very crisp castings and some nicely engraved detail too. White metal wheels and undercarridge AND AIM('s some very nice looking resin MK82's  and markings for 3 or 4 Italian and one Brazillian a/c. Very nice
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

Kit review: http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/mod/48amxpreview.htm
They make AMX in 1/72 too. :thumbsup:

I did not know about these kits. Anyway I will continue with mine! :thumbsup: :mellow:

lancer

Quote from: ysi_maniac on August 07, 2009, 06:58:14 AM
Kit review: http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/mod/48amxpreview.htm
They make AMX in 1/72 too. :thumbsup:

I did not know about these kits. Anyway I will continue with mine! :thumbsup: :mellow:

The 1:72 box is yelolow, but the contents look exactly the same

BlackOps

You always make splicing kits together look so easy. Beautiful results Carlos!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ysi_maniac

Sauragnmon

I gotta admit, the intake style is pretty damn interesting.  Overall she's quite the different bird to be sure.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Stargazer

Wow. Looks like the real article!