AVRO Vulcan - Great Bird of the Sky

Started by Tojo633, July 25, 2009, 03:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tojo633

All

Just spent a lovely afternoon at the Museum of Flight South East of Edinburgh at their annual air display thought I would share at least one pic. As I am suffereing from what is known as lobster sydrome or more commonly know as a touch of sunburn, a lovely afternoon was had. enjoy this pic,  Droool drool Role on Leuchars in September.
Cheers
Sandy

Taiidantomcat

Im not even English and it fills me with pride  :thumbsup: Hope your sun burn heals fast  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

The Rat

That has just become my desktop picture for the next few days.  :thumbsup: :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Av8fan

VERY nice shot.

Thanks for posting.

I have always liked the Vulcan.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Well she was a busy girl yesterday. I saw her fly by at the Sunderland International Airshow (staying up my families) along with a Typhoon, Spit, Hurri, Dakota, sundry helicopters and the Red Arrows, whov'e just flown past again. That was just from the farm, to many people on the seafront to get anywhere near it  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: nev on July 26, 2009, 12:45:15 AM
And I STILL haven't seen her fly :banghead:

Me too.  Thought I might get to Waddo, then RIAT, or Sunderland this weekend but never made any of them.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nick

Finally found the Vulcan flying list on the TVOC website - http://www.vulcantothesky.org/FlightOperations.asp

Looks like my best chance to see her this year is the Shoreham Airshow.

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2009, 04:21:06 PM
Finally found the Vulcan flying list on the TVOC website - http://www.vulcantothesky.org/FlightOperations.asp

Looks like my best chance to see her this year is the Shoreham Airshow.

My head office is actually AT Shoreham Airport: pity I'm permanently based 360 miles away from it.... :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

By the way, forgot to say, fantastic shot!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Shasper

Quote from: Weaver on July 26, 2009, 07:38:57 PMpity I'm permanently based 360 miles away from it.... :banghead:

I'm in the same boat, plus a few hundred thousand miles :(

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

simmie

Fantastic Photo.

Role on Leuchars in September, just so long as its dry and cloud free so Vulcan can get off the ground this year!!
Reality is for people who can't handle Whif!!

Now with more WHATTHEF***!! than ever before!

Tojo633

Just thought I would post a few more Vulcan pics for you all to drool over, not long to Leuchars now - need to get the tickets ordered.
Enjoy
Sandy

pyro-manic

Quote from: Shasper on July 27, 2009, 09:05:18 PM
Quote from: Weaver on July 26, 2009, 07:38:57 PMpity I'm permanently based 360 miles away from it.... :banghead:

I'm in the same boat, plus a few hundred thousand miles :(

Shas 8)

Are you based on the Moon? ;D

Great shots, Tojo663 - I wish she had flown at Yeovilton... :( Looks like I'll have to wait until next year to see her in the air.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<