Did the Pentagon see the Trainers with Teeth GB?

Started by Riksbar, July 22, 2009, 06:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riksbar

"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shasper

A new off-the-shelf COIN aircraft has been tossed about since Saddam was toppled, however over the last 2-3yrs it's being taking seriously, Raytheon (or Hawker Beechcraft, whoever has the production rights now) is touting the AT-6B, Embraer already has the A-29 & the armed Emb-314, and Boeing has recently dusted off the plans to the OV-10 Bronco.

However, per the article I am intrigued that the Navy SoCom wants its own air support for the SEALs . . . This could lead to other possibilities.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Archangel

New build OV-10s could be the cats meow. Imagin all the gear they could haul with the right engines and fuel capacity.

Weaver

Then again, for a relatively small buy, it's probably not worth re-inventing the wheel by converting the T-6 or putting the OV-10 back into production when the Super-Tuc's already available off the shelf.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Shasper

Well from what I've heard Iraq is suppose to get some AT-6s, along with a few others (including the USAF IIRC)

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Gary F

After reading the article, I was wondering if they'll use 2 pilots or a pilot and a dedicated NFO in the backseat to operate all the gear.

Gary F

Shasper

Well you know the navy . . . there's never 2 pilots!

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

anthonyp

Quote from: Shasper on July 23, 2009, 02:30:45 PM
Well you know the navy . . . there's never 2 pilots!

Shas 8)
Nope!  They're always "Naval Aviators"  :banghead:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Joe C-P

All right, which one of you is the Navy spook stealing our ideas?

Just in case one of you is, remember that you can load up your Goshawks with weapons, too, to fill up the carrier decks. I'll even bet you can't do it before I do!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: JoeP on July 23, 2009, 07:20:53 PM
<...>  remember that you can load up your Goshawks with weapons, too, to fill up the carrier decks. I'll even bet you can't do it before I do!

Now there's a thought!  :wacko: Armed Goshawk!  :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

anthonyp

...  Planet Pentagon wouldn't know a good idea if it came up to them and kicked them in the butt.  Them boys don't live in reality, the whif realm, or the goatee wearing evil parallel universe. 
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

dragon

So how many sheets of tinfoil do I need for my hat? :blink:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Fulcrum

If there was a Pentagon technocrat/military officer secretly looking at the things you guys come up with, I would still be happy as ideas are easy if you have a good imagination & all of the stuff that are shown here are all great ideas.

Also some of the profiles shown in the forum are also found on google aparrently, as one of my friends took them from there & put it on the fackbook group "The Greatest Planes that never were"(of course showing them to a possibily bigger audience). You all are some of the most blessed visionaries/artists as with everything on this forum, thet're all pure gold!!!
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler