'Moon' scifi film

Started by TsrJoe, July 21, 2009, 02:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

if any of you go to see the recently released British scifi flick 'Moon' see if you can catch the 2 tiny split second glimpses of TSR.2!!?, hehehe  :wacko:

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Robert

My sister was telling me about this the other day. Sounds good, I need to check it out.

roadstermatt

seen the trailer it looks very good its got sam rockwell in it

GrahamS

Saw the movie today but was concentrating so much on trying to find TSR2 that I forgot about the plot!!

Actually very disapppointed (though I did go to college with the model shop supervisor - Steve Howarth).

Graham

TsrJoe

cool, small world, tell him i said hi... question is did you spot the item in question, hehehe  :wacko:

cheers, Joe

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

GrahamS

I haven't seen Steve for over 20 years, though I have other friends who have worked with him.  :dalek:

Yes, the lead character was reading what would have been some prehistoric magazines!

Graham

Robert

Finally saw it today, most excellent - somewhat reminiscent of 2001. I don't recall seeing any TSR.2s, tho...

Nick

I quite enjoyed this but am still wondering about the timeframe/timeline. The model work looked great, the acting was atmospheric and the plot kept me guessing. I will look for the DVD at Christmas for a closer watch, had to pay £10 to see this in a small London screen.

Did you spot the Take-Off magazine beside his bed? That was printed in 1994 and would have been falling apart if the film was set today!

TsrJoe

aha Nick wins the prize, hehehe

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on September 04, 2009, 02:35:46 AM
had to pay £10 to see this in a small London screen.

Oh yea and what were you expecting to see, eh ???  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

It wasn't that far from Soho you know..... but back in your day it was probably a vice den!

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on September 06, 2009, 11:58:14 AM
It wasn't that far from Soho you know..... but back in your day it was probably a vice den!

Memories - those were the days  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

Quote from: Nick on September 04, 2009, 02:35:46 AM
Did you spot the Take-Off magazine beside his bed? That was printed in 1994 and would have been falling apart if the film was set today!

Oh, I don't know - mine are still in pristine condition :rolleyes:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

van883

Finally got to see this film on Sky. What a great film. Reminded me of 2001 and Silent Running and Solaris amongst others. Nice not to have shooting for once...
Couldn't see a TSR2 though.
Van

TsrJoe

hiyas chaps, previous page, Nick spotted it, couldnt resist a bit of 'set dressing'  :wacko: