1/72 Marini & Rossi biplane for the 1 Week GB

Started by Brian da Basher, July 18, 2009, 10:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Just in case you don't get over to the 1 Week GB, here's some pics of my entry, the Martini & Rossi biplane flown by Vino Rosso. The base kit was a 1/72 Italeri CR-42.

Enjoy!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

Your camo is very perfect, for a flight over a wine sea... (Heaven?) :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

apophenia

Love it Brian  :thumbsup:

The Spit canopy looks just right. But what's the mystery cowling ... Mustang?  :huh:

Brian da Basher

Quote from: apophenia on July 18, 2009, 02:32:55 PM
Love it Brian  :thumbsup:

The Spit canopy looks just right. But what's the mystery cowling ... Mustang?  :huh:

I'm really glad you like my Martini & Rossi biplane. The engine cowling is from the nose of an F-15.
Brian da Basher

apophenia

"The engine cowling is from the nose of an F-15."  :blink:

So that'd be the mixed-power Martini & Rossi biplane?  :bow:

sequoiaranger

Writing from somewhere in the Baltic:

Nice work once again, Brian. I wouldn't have been any help with the decals, as I can't "print" white. Luckily it seems you weren't actually drinking when you made it, as the "X"s are pretty straightly painted!

Incidentally, there is a "wine train" that goes from the San Francisco area to the Napa/Sonoma valleys for wine conniseurs (sp?). Maybe you could make an airliner that would likewise deliver winos...er...conniseurs to and from wine country.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

John Howling Mouse

You know something?  I just looked back through my BdaB archives and realized: I believe you have a lot more fun with this hobby than most of us, Brian!

Talented fellow AND he's giggling at his workbench the whole while as he glides through another winner of a concept.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Nice work BdaB ! Love the colours and the sleek new look of her.....works for me !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?