Gloster L-29 for the RAF

Started by bacofoil, July 16, 2009, 10:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacofoil

What if instead of the Jet Provost MK3 the RAF choose to go with The Aero L-29 as offered by Gloster.
Gloster built the L-29 under licence from Aero and fitted it with a R.R Viper 11 and M.B ejector seats.
Could it have looked like this ?
So come on then who has got a good name for this aircraft in RAF service ?

upnorth

That's very cool!

As for the name, I see no reason that you couldn't just Anglicize it's real name from "Delfin" to "Dolphin"

Gloster Dolphin doesn't actually sound too bad when you think about it and I have a feeling that's what it would end up getting called around units regardless of any "official" name it might be given.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

thedarkmaster

looks really nice, top class work  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

nev

Another beautiful whiff from OKB Bacofoil :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ed S

Sharp looking.  Nice NMF on it.   :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

TsrJoe

that looks really good, i love the silver/dayglo finish, def suits the type and an ideal model for this years IPMS. UK. Nationals 'what if sig' table theme  :thumbsup:

:cheers: joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: TsrJoe on July 17, 2009, 09:30:33 AM
an ideal model for this years IPMS. UK. Nationals 'what if sig' table theme  :thumbsup: :cheers: joe

Wholeheartedly agree.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

AeroplaneDriver

Great looking Dolphin!  I've always loved the old silver/orange trainer scheme.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

lancer

A beautiful little build and it does look gorgeous in that silver/dayglo scheme.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die